Total Solution Cheers to 25

The only exercising I do is walking. Its a 40min round trip to work and I tend to go on a 20 mins walk during lunch to get some fresh air. I really couldn't tell you what the secret is trust me I would if I could lol . I am just letting my body do its thing and keeping a positive mind lol.

@MrsN I try and stay away from temptation as much as I can.

My family is very supportive and understanding. I have always been the biggest one in my family, and I have always felt ashamed about that. Trust me my immediate family has always been accepting no matter what size I am, but you know you get cousins and aunts that always have to have their say. I have tried to lose weight for other people before and it just didn't work, but this time it is for me and my future.

Well, that's 60 mins more walking than me :oops:

....must try to work on that :rolleyes: :D

I absolutely understand and agree the need to lose weight for yourself......trying to do it for other people is always a recipe for failure :(

The only exercising I do is walking. Its a 40min round trip to work and I tend to go on a 20 mins walk during lunch to get some fresh air. I really couldn't tell you what the secret is trust me I would if I could lol ..

Well done you are doing amazingly. Speed dependent obviously but the average person will walk a mile in 15 minutes so you are walking 4 miles a day and 20 a week if you work 5 days. Good going to fit it all in, what an achievement!

Good on you. You sound so focused!

Hi guys I know that I have done really well so far but I still have the fear that I wont reach my goal in the next 15 weeks. I am trying to see if I can get done in the next 10 but that would mean losing 5-6lbs a week which is not realistic. 15 weeks means only 3-4lbs which I doable. I try not to be fixated by the numbers but I fail.

I know what you mean Clover........I so want to be at goal by Christmas, I keep getting the calculator out to see what I need to achieve each week :rolleyes:

It's natural. I try not to think about the end goal but you can't get away from it. I've lost a stone but you would never know. It will take 3 stone to even notice so I focus on numbers. I'm obsessed with the scales and really have to restrain myself and not jump on everyday!

I am more focused on short term goals rather than the bigger picture - like I want to have lost another half stone by my holiday in a few weeks.

I think I just cannot imagine what goal will be like or when it will be. At the rate I am losing I think I should be at goal by September, but that is not taking account of 2 holidays planned and booked o_O

So it may be a deal longer than September. If I could be at goal by December then that would be in time for m birthday :)

I'm like you sadie, I just know with everything going on, there's bound to be ups and downs, that's why I focus on losing the maximum weight around those down periods. It's just crazy how social events center around food - there is food literally everywhere, at all times - like there's this fear of starvation - when on the contrary... we've never been bigger as a society! too many choices, not enough time

I'm like you sadie, I just know with everything going on, there's bound to be ups and downs, that's why I focus on losing the maximum weight around those down periods. It's just crazy how social events center around food - there is food literally everywhere, at all times - like there's this fear of starvation - when on the contrary... we've never been bigger as a society! too many choices, not enough time

Agreed! Since being on this diet I've discovered that all my social life is centered around food and drink o_O

this week ive lost 2lbs I am just one pound away from being in the 16s. On the negative side ive got a cold again and had my TOTM this week :(:(

btw thanks for the pep talk guys. I will try to be less obsessed with the scales and concentrate more on how I feel.

Hello,
Well done on the loss, especially with your TOTM.
I can only work in mini goals and I have about 30 of them along my journey. I think I need to lose about 6 stones in total but I don't know what that would look like, if it is attainable or even if I would want to. Until I was 18 I could eat everything and anything and had a slim but athletic figure. The uni years make me a little cuddlier but I don't think I stepped on a scale until I was 23/24. I have no idea what I weighed when I had a body I would like. I have no idea how long it might take me to lose the 6st, life will happen and I just have to plod on

That's a great attitude twin mum. Each small step at a time.

Congrats on the loss Clover :)

Great loss Hun!!!

It's hard not to become obsessed with the numbers isn't it. I do the same. You can't really predict weight loss as your body has its own ideas.

I am just going to go back to taking it one day at a time and trusting in my body. I am already further than I thought I would be at this stage.

A day at a time is a safe approach Clover :)

:woohoo:I'm in the 16s :woohoo: I have lost 3lbs this week making me 16.11. I haven't been this low in 3 years and I have more weight lost,than to go :) :) I was planning to get some exercise in last week but my hips were so painful. I have never had hip pain before, it was such a struggle to even walk. I am hoping that it doesn't come back this week.

OOHHH I can feel the 15s calling my name.

Back