Cheese and Onion Pie! 4.5 Points per Large Portion

tuppers

Just wanted to share a new recipe I've made!

There are a few ingredients that you'd have to go get, or find an equivalent.

You will need:

• 500g Peeled Chopped Potatoes (5 Points)
  • 1 Tablespoon Mayo (1 Point)
  • 1 Tablespoon Flour (1 Point)
  • 180ml Skimmed Milk (1 Point)
  • 4 Onions (I used 3 red and 1 white but it doesn't matter, 0 Points)
  • 75g Reduced Fat Cheese (I use Marks & Spencers, lovely strong flavour for 2 Points per 25g. 6 Points)
  • Mushrooms (Optional, helps bulk pie filling, 0 Points)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Flora Cuisine, Vegetable Oil Replacement (3 Points)
  • 1 Tablespoon of Flora Light (2 Points)

To make the filling:
Add the Flora Cuisine to a saucepan on a high heat. Peel and chop the onions into thin strips and place in the hot saucepan. Brown the onions off, add a little water if they start to dry out. Chop up some mushrooms and add them to the browned onions. Place the lid and the water in the mushrooms will get the combination moist.

Get another saucepan, medium to hot heat, and add the Flora Light (Or low fat spread alternative), and sieve the flour into the saucepan constantly moving everything round with a wooden spoon. Let it cook for 20 seconds or so, these ensures the flour is cooked. Slowly add bit by bit about 100ml of the skimmed milk, constantly stirring. Once the white sauce is made (add splashes of water if it starts to dry out), add the cheese, grated.

Add the onion/mushroom combi to the cheese sauce. Everything should go a light creamy brown colour. Season with salt and pepper. Tip this into a large dish that is suitable to go in the oven.

To make the topping:
Put the chopped and peeled potatoes in a saucepan in boiling water and cook until soft. Drain and add the tablespoon of mayo and the remaining skimmed milk. Makes a lovely mash.

Add the mash to the dish, using a large spoon to cover all round the edges. Depending on the shape of your dish there may be enough mash to cover entirely, but I leave a hold in the middle, this will go goopey in the oven.

Place in the oven at 200'c Fan Oven for about half hour, or until the mash has browned. Cut into quarters for portions! Serve by itself or with some steamed carrots.

Thankyou for that recipe..It sound so nice that I am going to make it for tea today...It's great to find new things to do with food as sometimes dieting can get boring...xx

Back