Cheese & Ham Pitta Toastie/Pasty

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
This is a variation on my 1 syn corned beef pasty recipe, that makes a quick brekkie or lunch...

Split a wholemeal pitta (HExB) and fill with two slices of Cathedral city lighter slices (HExA) and lean ham, brush with beaten egg, and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the top is brown and crispy........

001-9.jpg

I keep looking at this, it looks soooo goooooooooood :drool:

Maybe lunch on Weds :)

I want one..think I'm gonna have to dig out my toastie maker... X

Can I just say after being inspired by this I had a green day lovely lunch of 2 wholemeal bread put in toastie maker with cheese and baked beans!! Havnt had z cheese and baked bean toastie since uni! Amazing! Xx

Can I just say after being inspired by this I had a green day lovely lunch of 2 wholemeal bread put in toastie maker with cheese and baked beans!! Havnt had z cheese and baked bean toastie since uni! Amazing! Xx

I love cheese and beans x

Ahhhh I coulnt find this post, there I was ready to go with my pitta Marmite & cheese... so in the end I just made a Marmite-&-cheese-on-pitta grilled. Overdid the Marmite quite substantially too. Boo. have to try again tomorrow :cool:

Looks yum!

What a great but simple idea, you could always do this with a smear of tom puree and on top of the pitta do a pizza type topping and bingo - you have a Dominos Double Decadence feel going on!

What a great but simple idea, you could always do this with a smear of tom puree and on top of the pitta do a pizza type topping and bingo - you have a Dominos Double Decadence feel going on!

ooo i am so going to try this use a healthy extra of ham and have it with wedges aswell..i'll feel like ive had a right proper treat !!! !

Was going to have this for lunch today, and was really disappointed that the ham was gone off, so used two thin slices of Spam instead, and it was yummy!...just need to go and find the syns for the Spam :eek:

Back