Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie SYN FREE

I've still not made it either but really want to. Will do it this week for sure.

I am trying this out tonight with quorn sausages as I am veggie. Can I eat as much as I want of it as I am hungy? :)

Count the cheese!

Just made this with cottage cheese, eggs, onions and melted cheese on top. Yum.
Will have it with spaghetti in tomato sauce for lunch tomorrow!

Had this tonight, not sure how this flares 2 there was tons if it! :D got an easy dinner tomorrow now too :) had mine with extra tomatoes and mushrooms fried (in fry light of course!) and the boy had his with chorizo.

Happy bunnies all round x

Making this for tonight's dinner - me to a T! I love this type of food

Sorry Lisa - scoffed the lot before even thinking about a picture - it was yummy - I halved the ingredients because it was just for me and I had to leave a bit - it was so filling! Now I'm wondering if I could have kept that bit and shaped it into a patty, sprayed it with frylight and baked in the morning for brekky?! Why do I have all my best ideas when it's too late

Sorry Lisa - scoffed the lot before even thinking about a picture - it was yummy - I halved the ingredients because it was just for me and I had to leave a bit - it was so filling! Now I'm wondering if I could have kept that bit and shaped it into a patty, sprayed it with frylight and baked in the morning for brekky?! Why do I have all my best ideas when it's too late

Theres only one thing for it then you'll have to make it again lol :)x

Sorry might be at bit thick but what is the recipe that people use that uses cottage cheese as well as I can't seem to find it only the recipe without adding the cottage cheese

I do the pie with cottage cheese. I just mash lots of spuds, add onion, mixed herbs, 2 eggs and 500g of cottage cheese. Mix all together and spoon into a large oven dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
It is tasty hot or cold and will last me nearly a week! Enjoy

Last edited:
Hi SW Ladies,

I tried this receipe out last night and it was so good I could have eaten for my breakkie too :eek:)

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

This receipe serves 2 - I found it in an old sw mag.

how can this be Synn free with the cheese..

Back