Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie SYN FREE

...also if you're following the green plan you can use a HEX A or B for the cheese.

Made this last night, it was amazing! Reheated the leftovers for breakfast this morning and had with bacon and beans- yum!!

I've just made this! Altered the recipe a tad by adding more veggies in!

But omg delish!

image-2425086200.jpg

i am always amazed at the low or no syn recipes everone comes up with, will be trying this soon sounds yummy..... anyone found a low or no syn pastry lol....my wishful think.

Well you can use the syn free scone dough although I've never tried it. Might be worth a try?!

Liz
X

300 g chive and onion fat free cottage cheese, Salt and pepper, 2 eggs, 100 g smash, 40 g reduced fat cheese, grated.

Blend the cottage cheese until smooth, season and add eggs.
Stir in the smash until dough like.
Separate into 10 balls using an ice cream scoop and flatten.
Top with grated cheese, put onto a baking tray and cook at 200°C for 20 minutes.

However, if I was making it as a pastry i'd use plain cottage cheese and omit the cheddar. Word of warning though, they are considered a tweak so if you we're to have it as a snack you'd have to syn it and whether or not you syn it as part of a meal is up to you. Personally, I see it was my carb for the meal so I don't.

Liz
X

Thanks for recipe will be trying next week, like you will use as carb in meal. Am loving this site for all advice given makes losing weight so much easier.

Hi SW Ladies,

I tried this receipe out last night and it was so good I could have eaten for my breakkie too :eek:)

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 o

This receipe serves 2 - I found it in an old sw mag.

I tried this last night.I added smoked bacon & quark.It was delish.Thanks for this reciepe

It's yummy this is our dinner on Saturday! Mmm x

Hi SW Ladies,

I tried this receipe out last night and it was so good I could have eaten for my breakkie too :eek:)

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

This receipe serves 2 - I found it in an old sw mag.

I keep seeing this recipe pop up at the top of the recipe threads so I'm going to make it my mission to try it one day this week as it looks amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing xxxx

LittleHippo, you won't be disappointed. Made it for tea on Saturday the weather here has been cold and wet and this really is comfort food.

Well you can use the syn free scone dough although I've never tried it. Might be worth a try?!

Liz
X

Hi Liz, I made the scone dough last weekend and used it as a topping for Beef Cobbler. I sprinkled it with HEX cheese allowance and cooked until golden. It was totally delicious!! x

I did exactly the same for tonight's tea, went down a treat. Still got some left over + 2 scones for my lunch at work tomorrow.

I love making cobbler with these. Might have to make it tonight :) Yum! Glad they worked for you.

Liz
X

Making this tonight excited to see how it comes out :)

Back