Cheese ??

Can you have cheese and how much ??

As I saw a recipe to make a sort of bread using cauliflower, cheese and egg. I thought it might go quite well with the Chilli.

No sorry. Even a tiny bit is horribly calorific. Low fat cottage cheese is allowed tho.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of cheese at all! I have a chunk most days and it hasn't harmed my loss this week.
It's like everything, it's fine in moderation and will also keep you in ketosis :)

It depends if you mean "allowed" following strictly the s & s plan. I think through other threads it's been established that very few actually stick to the rigid plan set by ANY of the diet groups (s&s,exante,ll,etc) and still manage to lose successfully. The point here is, should people be allowed to adapt the plan in whatever way they see fit, as long it's still successful for them?! I adapted when I did it and have lost a good amount of weight by knowing what keeps
Me in ketosis and keeping my Cals down. I personally think its up to the individual.

Of course people can adapt the plans in whatever way they like, as long as the following week they don't come on here complaining that their losses aren't what S&S say they should be, and that they'd do better on WW or SW. It's all a choice, but if someone asks "can you have cheese" on the S&S forum then the answer strictly speaking is no you can't, except cottage cheese that has been clarified by S&S as ok. You can have cake or whatever else you want too if you want to, but that's not part of the S&S diet either.

Of course people can adapt the plans in whatever way they like, as long as the following week they don't come on here complaining that their losses aren't what S&S say they should be, and that they'd do better on WW or SW. It's all a choice, but if someone asks "can you have cheese" on the S&S forum then the answer strictly speaking is no you can't, except cottage cheese that has been clarified by S&S as ok. You can have cake or whatever else you want too if you want to, but that's not part of the S&S diet either.

I totally agree BG. There are so many new members joining this section and using it as the main source of info for the diet. IMO if someone asks if something is 'allowed' then the correct answer should be according to S&S guidelines. By all means if people tweak it to say so but make it very clear that it is a tweak and its a personal choice.

Id hate to see someones weight loss suffer in any way because they took something I did as being 'ok' when it was something I chose to do, not something officially approved by S&S

I think that's what I was trying to say in a round about fashion! If they don't want to stick rigidly to the plan then they ain't really doing the plan! Do u think it then be a case that these folk that aren't sticking to plan use the vlcd or other section of this forum? I'm not saying this should happen btw I'm just curious as to the actual "rules". Starlight might be able to step on here to clarify?!

Do u think it then be a case that these folk that aren't sticking to plan use the vlcd or other section of this forum?
I don't see why we can't use this one as the 100% forum is where there is no talk of food allowed surely?
Slap on the wrist for me for encouraging cheese eating... :copon:

*lesley* said:
I don't see why we can't use this one as the 100% forum is where there is no talk of food allowed surely?
Slap on the wrist for me for encouraging cheese eating... :copon:

I'm sure no one minds people talking about it or asking stuff, just not recommending stuff that's off plan.
Mmmmmmm cheeeese *drools* ;)

I had a little cheese earlier actually (having a bad day!) but I absolutely knew it was off plan (as was having 3 bars!!) and wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it's totally, absolutely, definitely off plan!

BordersGirl said:
I had a little cheese earlier actually (having a bad day!) but I absolutely knew it was off plan (as was having 3 bars!!) and wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it's totally, absolutely, definitely off plan!

Mmmm cheese :)
Sorry one track mind this evening ;)

i eat cheese every weekend, not just a little but half a block lol. I would hate to think anyone on here is reading what i say and taking it as gospel though because i am a compulsive eater and well......look how erratic my losses are!!!

Sometimes i feel guilty talking about my cheats on here but at the same time, it's my journey so havent held back. If anyone would like me too though please say and i will keep it in my diary :) xxx

Elemental said:
i eat cheese every weekend, not just a little but half a block lol. I would hate to think anyone on here is reading what i say and taking it as gospel though because i am a compulsive eater and well......look how erratic my losses are!!!

Sometimes i feel guilty talking about my cheats on here but at the same time, it's my journey so havent held back. If anyone would like me too though please say and i will keep it in my diary :) xxx

I myself like honesty, it's not like you're suggesting we all eat half a block a day lol

Back