Cruise PP Cheese

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to Dukan. I'm only on my second day, feeling good so far. My Mum and Dad have been on the diet for a while and both Consolidating now.

We've been talking recipes and there is a site we have been looking at that has loads of recipes and a couple of them that are the PP recipes say Lo Fat Cheese, grated. What cheese is this likely to be please. Could it be something like the Low Low, or other.

talking to my Mum she doesn't think its any cheese that we should be having in Cruise but I would love to try the recipe next week. Can anyone help or advise re the cheese please.

Many and huge thanks
x

Thank you P. We did think that, I've noticed a few of the recipes seem to have the wrong phases on them, but we think that maybe its because the diet changes when new research is done. Oh well, the bread will have to wait then LOL.

Thank you P. We did think that, I've noticed a few of the recipes seem to have the wrong phases on them, but we think that maybe its because the diet changes when new research is done. Oh well, the bread will have to wait then LOL.

And the chips - sigh! ;)

P x

Are the extra light Baby Bel cheeses allowed?? I'm pretty sure they're under the recommended fat percentage.

Sorry just found the answer to my own question in another post. NO Baby Bel at all in cruise. Laughing cow extra light and philly extra light are tolerated items apparently. Also says that the Mullerlight yoghurts that seem to crop up on here a lot are not allowed because of their sugar content. I'd kind of suspected that so never included them in my diet.

I love cheese and cheese spread........well if truth be told I love food otherwise i wouldnt be in this position LOL. I will have to look forward to the cheese in conso....yep and the chips...and crisps....and and and LOL

Laughing cow extra light and philly extra light are tolerated items apparently.
I wish I could get the Philly Extra Light. I've only found the 60% and 80% fat-free Philly, and even that is too much fat (13%). I'm a cheese freak, surviving til now on Laughing Cow Extra Light, super slim cheese slices and cottage cheese. Some of these are 8% fat which is technically too much, so i only have a slice or a cube each day.

You seem to be doing just fine on it! ;)

I went shopping to Asda today and looked for Laughing Cox Extra Lite, only one not on the shelf because they'd sold out.....tonnes (special offer) of normal lite. Compared Carbs and Fat to Extra lite Philly and the Philly won. I still don't really know what I'm looking at.

I'll get there thou

it's amazing how quickly you learn what goes into those labels, though! although some of the manufacturers make it tough by having per serving measures instead of per 100g.

i think you can work out your own rules of thumb: aim for 0- 3% fat for dairy but possibly a little higher (8%) if the portions are small. for carbs, under 6 or 8g per 100g seems ok for me. i think you eventually work out where to be flexible. i tried skim milk for a while but couldn't stand it - but when i compared the nutrition for semi-skimmed, it wasn't that different, so i've switched back. i'm not saying it works for everyone, but it's worth it to me to have decent coffee in the morning!

I've gone from 4-5 cups of coffee to one a day because of the sweetner and milk. Not missing it too much though a lovely cuppa goes a long way LOL.

i tried skim milk for a while but couldn't stand it - but when i compared the nutrition for semi-skimmed, it wasn't that different, so i've switched back. i'm not saying it works for everyone, but it's worth it to me to have decent coffee in the morning!
I'm with you on this one. Couldn't stand skimmed milk and as I only use it in a couple of teas a day wasn't prepared to sacrifice for the sake of a minimal difference.

Hello
I've always made my own with total 0% yogurt and it's amazing
All you do is.....
Mix one large tub with salt and what ever flavourings you like( I use garlic and Italian herbs- ala bousin)
Pour it into some muslin or cloth and strain over a sive in the fridge for at least 8 hours
Next day you will have really thick and creamy philli type cheese that's lovely with chicken or or dukan bread
Hope that's helped
Xx

Back