'Cheesecake-Type' 1 syn desert ... YUMMY!

smigget

Hi all - I saw this recipe somewhere earlier but can't find it to 'thank' it, so thought I'd pop a note here ... the recipe said mush 2 Alpens together and set - then add a tub of Quark mixed with 2 Option Lights, but I found 1 was enough (saves 2 syns) - I actually split it between two desert dishes and put in the fridge and I'll tell you what, for 1 syn per dish, they are the biz!!!! Very impressed, plus you can sprinkle sweetener, add fruit etc if you want - very like the real thing xx

I tried this earlier and I have to admit I hated the bitterness of the quark. I have been craving cheesecake for weeks but most I've found are made with quark and it put me right off, so I've decided to try this:

Banofee, banana delight thing!!!
Makes 4 servings
11 syns whole thing

Ingredients
8 alpen light bars (choc & fudge) (HEXB)
1 packet sugar free banofee angel delight (11 syns)
2-3 bananas

Method
1. Melt alpen bars in microwave for 20 secs
2. Split into 4 desert dishes
3. Make up angel delight in a bowl
4. Slice the bananas and fold into the angel delight mixture
5. Add the mixture on top of the alpen mix in the 4 desert dishes
6. Place in fridge to set

Not tried it yet but it sounds yummy and only just over 2.5 syns per serving!!!!

I make this with plilladelphia light (hea) and i squeeze lime juice into the cream cheese along with candarel and put lime zest and kiwi slices on top and it tastes gorjuss xx

while we're all on the sweet thing, is Sugar free jelly powder/crystals (ie) Hartleys - syn free??? Love the idea of the lime juice - cld try orange I spose - I also love the lemon meringue as the egg white with sweetener really sorts out the sweet crave - I tell you what, on a savoury note, I really find home made veggy soups do the trick - I'm on Day 5 and now know I'll be ok (it's always those first few days) - I cook anything going (brocolli, cauli, carrots, leeks) - (no spuds in case I want to have it on a RED day), so it's a flexible soup - add cumin, tabasco, worcester, anything to give it a kick - it fills you, is soooo fat free and a lot more tasty than havin veg the traditional way!!!

smigget said:
while we're all on the sweet thing, is Sugar free jelly powder/crystals (ie) Hartleys - syn free??? Love the idea of the lime juice - cld try orange I spose - I also love the lemon meringue as the egg white with sweetener really sorts out the sweet crave - I tell you what, on a savoury note, I really find home made veggy soups do the trick - I'm on Day 5 and now know I'll be ok (it's always those first few days) - I cook anything going (brocolli, cauli, carrots, leeks) - (no spuds in case I want to have it on a RED day), so it's a flexible soup - add cumin, tabasco, worcester, anything to give it a kick - it fills you, is soooo fat free and a lot more tasty than havin veg the traditional way!!!

Hi smigget

The hartleys sugar free crystals are 1.5 syns for 1 sachet.

Back