Red Day Cheesey Meatballs

Ann-Marie

Cheesy Meatballs (Free on Red Days)

Saw this about 18 months ago in the SW magazine, had them tonight and they were as nice as I remember. This is my variation on them - you can use whichever herbs/spices you like and maybe add chopped chillies or onion.

Lean minced beef
5 Laughing Cow Triangles
Salt
Pepper
Dried mint
Mixed herbs
Dried garlic

1. Mix together all ingredients except LC triangles using your hands
2. Divide the mixture into 5 large balls
3. Flatten each ball out and place 1 LC triangle onto the centre of each one
4. Fold the mince mixture around the cheese so that it stays in the middle and then roll the balls tightly
5. Place on a baking tray and cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through

sounds yummy x

They are lovely and are like no other 'diet' food I've had before!!

I hate touching raw meat but the taste at the end makes it all worthwhile :p

I'm gonna give these a go, they sound yummy :)

Cheesy Meatballs (Free on Red Days)

Saw this about 18 months ago in the SW magazine, had them tonight and they were as nice as I remember. This is my variation on them - you can use whichever herbs/spices you like and maybe add chopped chillies or onion.

Lean minced beef
5 Laughing Cow Triangles
Salt
Pepper
Dried mint
Mixed herbs
Dried garlic

1. Mix together all ingredients except LC triangles using your hands
2. Divide the mixture into 5 large balls
3. Flatten each ball out and place 1 LC triangle onto the centre of each one
4. Fold the mince mixture around the cheese so that it stays in the middle and then roll the balls tightly
5. Place on a baking tray and cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through

How much mince is needed?

aww my husbands eyes just lit up.. his 2 fave foods, cheese and meatballs!! thanks for the recipe

in the oven as we speak!

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply- not had access to a computer for a couple of days.

Regarding quantities, I don't really work to specific measurements, more to taste. The mince, you will need enough to make 5 large balls (about golf ball size). Make sure you firmly roll them once you have folded the cheese in otherwise they split and can be a bit messy.

Hope anyone who has tried the recipe enjoyed them :D

The other night I had them with a mint and yoghurt sauce and salad, otherwise you could do them with a tomato based sauce using your favourite herbs.

Hope they turn out ok - just the kind of food needed on a cold snowy night! What are you having with them?

Gorgeous!!

This afternoon I made your cheesy meatballs for tea. They are gorgeous!! There are so many nice recipes on here which I've made over the past two weeks... thank you everyone! This is such a nice site, so pleased I found you :eatdrink051:

i had these last night and they were lovely too . It was nice that the cheese stayed in the middle. A lreal delicious treat!
Laura
xxx

Glad everyone is enjoying them!! :)

Welcome to the forum Tracee - any questions, just ask and I'm sure someone will help! :D

Im makin these later :)
xx

Back