Cheesy Chicken Bake with New Potatoes - Query

lilacwine

Hi

We thought this would be an easy Sunday night tea but not quite a roast and I didn't think it would be too bad but when I looked at the figure it worked out at 22 points!!!! However I did try to skinify it a bit and wonder how many points you think for this:

4 people:
8 chicken thighs - you have to cook with skin on but I didn't eat it
50g Philly Light with garlic and herbs
500g new potatoes
4 medium tomatoes
garlic clove
pinch caster sugar
6 thyme sprigs
drizzle of olive oil

Basically you lift up the skin and put the soft cheese under, then put in a roasting tin with the new potatoes and tomatoes etc and drizzle with olive oil before roasting. How many points do you reckon? Not using full fat soft cheese and not eating the skin on the chicken thighs must make a difference surely??? (she says hopefully!)

I've put the whole recipe into the recipe builder on esource and if I say they're boneless, skinless chicken thighs, the recipe is coming in at 13pp each. Its hard to tell not knowing the size of the chicken though, it says 85g and thats boneless.

Thanks Sneeze - that sounds much more doable. It was lovely too

It does sound lovely hon! If you make it again you might want to think about chicken breasts - they're quite a bit lower in points. :)

Will do Sneeze - the soft cheese would keep it moist and you could just make a slit in the side of the chicken breast to add it.

Back