Cheesy sauce help

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Baileygirl, 15 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Baileygirl

Baileygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.38%)
    Diet:
    SW/CC
    I just can't manage to make a cheese sauce. It curdles if I add fromage frais and if I mix cheese and milk its too runny :(

Does anyone have a successful recipe, possibly with laughing cow cheese as I don't usually have 'real' cheese.

I made a lovely tea tonight and it was ruined by curdled cheese sauce :cry:

Please point me in the right direction x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mizkirsty

Mizkirsty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(16.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Xenical/Cambridge diet
    Do you use flour?!

I use this recipe but you have to syn cheese and milk if not using he and the flour & flora.

I melt a small nob of butter (flora light usually) in a pan. Add flour stirring until it becomes a thick paste (depends on how much butter you used for how much flour) then add milk stirring and wait for paste to disappear and thicken milk then add cheese.
    I don't see why you cant use laughing cow it's only gonna melt.

I usually measure the ingredients before I add them so I know how much is he and how much is syn!! Hope this helps!! Xx

4. Baileygirl

Baileygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.38%)
    Diet:
    SW/CC
    Thanks for the recipe, I usually try to stick to syn free as I can't have anything 'bad' in the house. Will keep that for a treat one night though, thank you x

5. princesss01

princesss01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can melt your laughing cow straight onto hot pasta a dash of milk and seasoning and add anything else you like chargrilled veg, ham, tuna etc? Alternatively you could substitute the laughing cow for 85g low fat soft cheese (phili) for a nice creamy sauce. Both are healthy extras. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.