Chelle's CD'ing journey - motivated, determined, inspired

Chelle x

Gold Member
Hi everyone, hope it's okay to join you all. I've been a keen lurker for the last few months and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts. Now I feel that I would like to be more involved in the site rather than just sitting on the outskirts (if you know what I mean?!).

Some background about myself - I've always been overweight since growing up in a family where it's polite to finish all the food on your plate, and then taken as a compliment by the chef (usually Nan) when you ask for second helpings. Given the fact that I also did not enjoy excercise, it was pretty inevitable that the weight would creep on! I spent my childhood in my own little bubble trying to block out the misery of not being able to wear skimpy hot pants and sexy tops, and trying to avoid any occasions that involved boys!
When I left school and trained as a Beauty Therapist I maintained my 'chubby' appearance although with the help of my training I felt at least I could look 'pretty' with the makeup tips I'd picked up.
A few more years rolled by, I then met my man, and had 2 children. With each pregnancy I gained 4 stone, through completely piggish behaviour and the ability to delude myself that I looked good! (Absolute joke as the photos are shocking). Somehow the devastation of these photos inspired me to lose weight and so in June 2006 I began my 'long term diet' journey.
June 2006 - start weight 18st 7 lbs
I lost 2 stone through sensible eating and breast feeding - down to 16st 7lb
Gillian McKeith and her wonderful books helped out with the next stone - 15st 7lb
Weight Watchers took me to 14st 7lb
Finally joined CD in September 2007 and managed to shift another stone ish, before finishing in December due to tempting Christmas food!
Phew!

So there you have it - what an effort!!!!! I've messed around for 2 years getting my weight down, and you know what I haven't changed one little bit. I still spend every minute of every day thinking of food. It's taken up my whole life. I either pig out to the point of complete sickness (physical and mental), or I starve myself to the point of collapse.

I am currently about 12st 7lb and wish to lose another 2 stone, which at 5ft 6 puts me just under bmi of 25.

Tomorrow I shall be back to the CD way of life and I CAN'T WAIT. I will shift this extra wait and then I will work my way through the plans in order to control my wild ways once and for all!

So there you have it sorry for the long message, just wanted to clear my head and get in the mindset ready for my appointment tomorrow evening.

Thank you so much for reading this and well done to all of you who have done so well on your own journeys.

xx

Hello again ;) xx

Hi Sarah! I'm getting slightly confused with where I should be posting! You'll wake up in the morning to find my essay in every forum on this site!!!!

Where do most people post?

Thanks
x

hi chelle, best of luck with the diet. This is the cambridge diet section id say this is where you will be posting mainly!! It took me a while to find my way around the site aswell!

becky x

Hello Chelle. You've done really well to get to where you are, it doesn't matter how - it's whatever works for you.
Wishing you the best of luck with your CD journey - 2 stone will have gone in a flash!
Ceri

Hi Becky and Ceri, thanks for the replies and kind words - I'm really grateful! Thanks for the info on posting Becky I'll stick with this forum then for now!

x

Hey Chelle hun, you are in the right place!! I am the same height as you and a healthy BMI for us is 11st 1lb- so you only have 1st 6lbs to go to a healthy weight :D so isnt that good news!?! (I am aiming for 10 and a half stone ultimately tho so know where ur coming from in wanting to get a bit lower).

Only saying that cos it will make it seem even easier when you realise you are not so far away. Plus you gotta start working up the plans at BMI 25 (11st 1lb) so there is less SSing ahead than you think!

All the very best of luck hun! I am on day 10 of my restart at the moment so I KNOW you can do it!! :D xxx

Hi wannabslim, thanks so much for your post, and thanks for the good news re my healthy weight!

I must admit that because of the amount I weighed, and the 2 pregnancies, it's difficult to gauge what weight will make me trully happy as I'm left with an enormous amount of loose skin and stretch marks! I'm kinda thinking that if I lose more weight then it might make up for all that extra skin! Not sure if it'll have the opposite affect though!

I notice that you had a fantastic wk 1 - 10lb that is just brilliant! I so hope I come close!!!

x

Well done Chelle on your determination and not giving up.

I'm glad you've decided to "join in" with the forum, it's always nice having new input. If you want you can start a diary thread and put it in the diary section ... it gives you somewhere to come back to and keeps an update of how you are doing. If you want this to be it - let one of us mods know and it can be moved. We also do "meets" - so take a look and see if there are any near you, or that you fancy going to.

Look forward to hearing more about your progress.

aww hun yeah it is difficult to know I guess- I cant remember what the lower boundaries of a healthy weight for us is but I think its 8 stone 7ish around that mark. How long have you had loose skin for cos I read somewhere it can take arounf 6mths to a year to spring back (altho obv for some people it doesnt)- I am dreading saggy skin round my tummy altho luckily havent had kiddies yet so am spared a lot of the issues! I think some people find the skinnier they get the more noticeable it gets but you can get skin removed I spose (even the NHS will do it now if you have lost a lot of weight, depending on where you live of course- typical!).

First week loss is usually pretty good- my advice is lots of water!! Cant fail!! :) im sure you will do great hun! xxx

Hi Beverley and thanks for the advice on the diary thread. Can you please tell me how I can go about getting my first post moved to a diary? Thx

Thanks for the reply Wannab. I've been losing weight for a couple of years and even though my tum's 'sucked' in a bit, I'm doubtful it'll ever return to a toned state!!! Tbh I'll just be grateful to be slimmer and then tuck it all in my size 10's!!!!

Thanks again ladies!

No sooner said than done Chelle! You're now in the Weight Loss Diary forum. Keep posting!

Welcome (back) to CD and good luck with the rest of your journey :)

Back