Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

:D:D:D Chels you are so funny - love your description of what happens when you drink - just like me, which is why I rarely drink more than a glass at a time as I still have some self control after 1 glass.

you are doing really well - get yourself a small rice cooker! I love mine and use it several times per week. Just bung in the rice and water, flick a switch and leave until you want to eat. It keeps the rice warm for me if I don't want it straight away and any leftovers can be used for SW friendly egg fried rice!

Hope you have a good day!

Made me laugh Chels... I agree with Shanny, we are keeping you off the hard stuff, only the best looking blokes for you from now on! Shanny, I missed out hearing about the cruise! Better go look for your diary!

Alli, I had a rice cooker last time I did SW. I used it every day and after 18 months it 'died' - from overuse I think! My SW group leader (there was a group near us, back then) used to weight me and say: 'on the rice again?' I must be a creature of habit! But yes, the rice cooker made it easier for a kitchen klutz like me to manage the rice, and it would cook my veg at the same time! Liking the idea of eggy rice, hadn't thought of that!

xxx

Made me laugh Chels... I agree with Shanny, we are keeping you off the hard stuff, only the best looking blokes for you from now on! Shanny, I missed out hearing about the cruise! Better go look for your diary!
Ha ha, there will be noooooooo ginger beer consumed on the cruise or otherwise. Ginger biscuits maybe, recommended for sea-sickness by Shanny and great for dunking.
Alli, I had a rice cooker last time I did SW. I used it every day and after 18 months it 'died' - from overuse I think! My SW group leader (there was a group near us, back then) used to weight me and say: 'on the rice again?' I must be a creature of habit! But yes, the rice cooker made it easier for a kitchen klutz like me to manage the rice, and it would cook my veg at the same time! Liking the idea of eggy rice, hadn't thought of that!

xxx
EEwwwww, eggy rice!!! Like the idea of a rice cooker though.
:D:D:D Chels you are so funny - love your description of what happens when you drink - just like me, which is why I rarely drink more than a glass at a time I only drink 1 glass at a time, would look pretty bad having a glass in each hand :D as I still have some self control after 1 glass.

you are doing really well - get yourself a small rice cooker! I love mine and use it several times per week. Just bung in the rice and water, flick a switch and leave until you want to eat. It keeps the rice warm for me if I don't want it straight away and any leftovers can be used for SW friendly egg fried rice!

Hope you have a good day!
Hope you have a lovely one too Alli xx
Chela Ginger beer is the business.. I drank loads on the cruise.. Looks like u best start getting used to it LOL.
Have a lovely weekend now x
Lol, I got really drunk years ago (again) on whisky and american dry ginger and cannot bear ginger in liquid form now, only in biskwit form :D

You have a fab weekend too Shanny. Up to anything nice????? xxx

I love ginger beer, but not ugly men! :)

The rice cooker sounds good, is it a fiddle to wash up?

I love ginger beer, but not ugly men! :)

The rice cooker sounds good, is it a fiddle to wash up?

Yes - it's incredibly hard work to pick up the non-stick inner pot and place it in the dishwasher ;). Honestly, if it was hard work it would be keeping my slow cooker company at the back of a kitchen cupboard. I love it - it's not exactly hard to cook rice the old fashioned way but it's particularly good for cooking jasmine / sticky rice to perfection!

Yes - it's incredibly hard work to pick up the non-stick inner pot and place it in the dishwasher ;). Honestly, if it was hard work it would be keeping my slow cooker company at the back of a kitchen cupboard. I love it - it's not exactly hard to cook rice the old fashioned way but it's particularly good for cooking jasmine / sticky rice to perfection!

Ok then......confession time.

Question: What gadgets are in the back of your kitchen cupboard?

Answer: Food processor, blender thingy, George Foreman grill, and a Jason doodah wotsisname juicer.

Anyone do any better?????? :D:D

Answer: Food processor, blender thingy, George Foreman grill, and a Jason doodah wotsisname juicer.

I've got a Jason sumthink orother juicer that I never use - it's brilliant but the amount of fruit sugar in the juices brought on the worst migraine I've ever had so it was banished to the dark and scary corners of my kitchen.

I've also got a George Foreman and use it occasionally so it's at the front of the cupboard. Same thing with my lovely Kitchenaid food processor - love it but blumming heavy to get in and out of the cupboard (no space on the worktop).

Waffle maker - used every now and then...

Egg cooker - would use it but can't remember how to :eek:

Stovetop popcorn maker - brilliant piece of equipment - everyone should have one...only used when I'm not on a diet (so not that often then ;))

2 coffee makers (I have 3 out on the work top, hence lack of room for anything else).

There may be a deep fat fryer in there somewhere as well - can't remember if we got rid of it!

The appliances I do use on a regular basis are: Kitchenaid blender, coffee perculator, espresso maker, toaster, bread machine, kettle, rice cooker...:)

I love kitchen gadgets!!!

Isn't a stove-top popcorn maker called a saucepan? Lol!

We have a breadmaker that was only ever used about 5 times. It actually took the fun out of making bread, hardly ever do it but if we do prefer to do it properly!

xxx

I've got a Jason sumthink orother juicer that I never use - it's brilliant but the amount of fruit sugar in the juices brought on the worst migraine I've ever had so it was banished to the dark and scary corners of my kitchen.
lol, Jess made herself a strawberry smoothy thingy and was as sick as a dog afterwards.......too much acid. :p
I've also got a George Foreman and use it occasionally so it's at the front of the cupboard. Same thing with my lovely Kitchenaid food processor - love it but blumming heavy to get in and out of the cupboard (no space on the worktop).

Waffle maker - used every now and then...

Egg cooker - would use it but can't remember how to :eek:

Stovetop popcorn maker - brilliant piece of equipment - everyone should have one...only used when I'm not on a diet (so not that often then ;)) :D

2 coffee makers (I have 3 out on the work top, hence lack of room for anything else). Why would anyone need 5??!!! :D

There may be a deep fat fryer in there somewhere as well - can't remember if we got rid of it!

The appliances I do use on a regular basis are: Kitchenaid blender, coffee perculator, espresso maker, toaster, bread machine, kettle, rice cooker...:)

I love kitchen gadgets!!!

:D;)

Alli drinks a LOT of coffee... ;o)

xxx

We have a breadmaker that was only ever used about 5 times. It actually took the fun out of making bread, hardly ever do it but if we do prefer to do it properly!

xxx

It's a good thing my Whirley Pop can't read or she would be incredibly hurt by your quite frankly rude comparison to a saucepan!! :D

The Original Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper (Red): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

It makes the fluffiest bestest popcorn ever and the only reason I don't use it very often is because as soon as I buy popping corn I end up eating popcorn every day until I've used up the whole bag (and that's a lot of popcorn :eek:).

Oh and in answer to your coffee question Chels - Katy is right I do drink a lot of coffee and don't like instant very much. Us Swedes like properly brewed coffee (either filter or preferrably perculated in one of these: Dualit Cordless Coffee Percolator Chrome 84036: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home) so I have one of them, a normal filter coffee maker, an espresso maker, a Nespresso maker (for cappuccino and lattes) and one of these: Eva Solo Café Solo Coffee Maker 1.0l: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home because it's so pretty...

The Eva Solo one is lovely but doesn't keep the coffee warm for long so only comes out after dinner at times.

So, as you can clearly see I have valid uses for all my coffee makers ;)

Re breadmaker - I love making my own bread and do keep a sourdough farm in the fridge but only get to bake properly every few weeks so use the bread maker for every day use (well every other day in reality) - it's what I use for the kids' packed lunches as well as for dunking in soup (as my HEB of course!)

xxx

It's a good thing my Whirley Pop can't read or she would be incredibly hurt by your quite frankly rude comparison to a saucepan!! :D

The Original Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper (Red): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

It makes the fluffiest bestest popcorn ever and the only reason I don't use it very often is because as soon as I buy popping corn I end up eating popcorn every day until I've used up the whole bag (and that's a lot of popcorn :eek:).

Oh and in answer to your coffee question Chels - Katy is right I do drink a lot of coffee and don't like instant very much. Us Swedes like properly brewed coffee (either filter or preferrably perculated in one of these: Dualit Cordless Coffee Percolator Chrome 84036: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home) so I have one of them, a normal filter coffee maker, an espresso maker, a Nespresso maker (for cappuccino and lattes) and one of these: Eva Solo Café Solo Coffee Maker 1.0l: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home because it's so pretty...

The Eva Solo one is lovely but doesn't keep the coffee warm for long so only comes out after dinner at times.

So, as you can clearly see I have valid uses for all my coffee makers ;)

Re breadmaker - I love making my own bread and do keep a sourdough farm in the fridge but only get to bake properly every few weeks so use the bread maker for every day use (well every other day in reality) - it's what I use for the kids' packed lunches as well as for dunking in soup (as my HEB of course!)

OOh I am so envious of you bakers, we have a bread maker and it's rubbish, bread like a brick, so that's banished to an outbuilding. The other breadmaker - me - is just as bad, with the same brick like results. I got all enthusiatic about using sourdough a la Alli, I think she gave me the recipe, which I followed for the starter and ended up with a foul smelling mixture which was so revolting I couldn't use it - tried it twice. I know it's me, I really can't make bread.

Coffee - love the stuff and only real, (instant gives me a cracking headache)but I use a cafetiere, never thought of the alternatives, do they make better black coffee then?

Gadgets - not that many, really. Well 4 Kenwood chefs, from when I cooked for a living, the girls want me to keep them for when (!?:rolleyes:) they move out.....I love the Kitchen Aid ones though Alli. One whizzy machine, um....a food processor, a slow cooker, bit dusty, not a great fan.
But, charity chop queen that I am, last autumn I bought a really good huge juicer and we had a production line going juicing barrow loads of apples, filling plastic pop and milk bottles and freezing them I think I'll try pasteurising them this year - lovely stuff, but of course a no no on SW, just now. Shall try cider as well.
There'a a thing for squeezing lemons as well, but I used to squeeze 30 each week, so that was necessary.
On my desert island I'd have some really sharp knives an a sharpener, a little hand whisk, two favourite tiny wooden spatulas and a wooden board. And my wok, with it's lid, that'll do. :)

Ah, I didn't say my bread WASN'T like a brick! OH is better, though. And I love solid wholemeal bread, miles better than the fluffy stuff. We were disappointed in the bread machine though. We have a kitchen aid, the small upright kind with a transparent 'jug' thing. Never use it, but was given to us by lovely niece when she went to live in China because she knew I loved the look of it. (I covet the big kitchen aids too, the ones with whisk & metal bowl, in a fab colour like red or cream... might use it for cakes. But probably wouldn't!)

Alli & Bess, I am a coffee luddite, I prefer instant, real coffee can be too strong. I love skinny lattes but can only go to Starbucks or Costa where they are 'weak'. Some of the coffee chains make stuff that's so strong it could just about blow my head off... IF I could bring myself to drink it. Ugh. So although some of them are pretty, a coffee machine would be wasted on me!

Alli, the popcorn maker looked cute! We hardly ever make the stuff now, but if we do just use a pan with lid!

Chels, we have totally hijacked your thread, sorry!

xxx

I have developed a taste for real black coffee post CD, one of the best oddly enough is MacDonalds, but it's so strong! The first gulp makes me wince! The subsequent sips are lovely.....Costa lotta is often cold though I find and they put in a thick cup, it's like drinking from a bucket - ugh!

What kind do like Chels? x

Bess said:
I have developed a taste for real black coffee post CD, one of the best oddly enough is MacDonalds, but it's so strong! The first gulp makes me wince! The subsequent sips are lovely.....Costa lotta is often cold though I find and they put in a thick cup, it's like drinking from a bucket - ugh!

What kind do like Chels? x

Cosign! I think McDonalds coffee is AWESOME. I'm a coffee fiend, and really love my Nespresso machine.

I also have a percolator, Alli. It really is the best. It belonged to my great grandmother and has come to me from Argentina. I use it every weekend and some evenings if I've hard friends for dinner and we her coffee. Xx

Chels,

Your descriptions make me laugh so much ! I have a george foreman in the cupboard (doesn't go in the dishwasher so no point in using it......!), a breadmaker (I don't eat bread any more :() and a popcorn maker (I just forget about it !).

Hope you're having a good week.

Gail x

Oh dear, how funny.......cupboards full of redundant appliances and gadgets up and down the land. We buy these things because they are such a good idea/must have/labour saving device that we just couldn't live without and "think of the health benefits"

My juicer was purchased, along with about £80 worth of fruit, veg and various powders (wheatgrass etc). It took me an age to chop/de-seed enough fruit to make a reasonable glass of juice. The machine sounded like Concorde was taking off. Gave me indigestion and wind and try as I might.........bright, puce green juice, just wouldn't go down my throat. I don't have the heart to admit that it was a waste of money and throw the thing away :D

As for coffee, I am quite happy with a good instant. Gold Blend or something like that. All that filtered stuff strips me of the lining of my mouth, gives me the jitters and leaves a taste in my mouth that will not go away. I did go all posh years ago :8855:and had a cafetiere but always managed to get some of the coffee grounds in the cup and not consigned to the bottom of said cafetiere. Any 'bits' in a drink make me heave, that is why I would never have loose tea.....

And KC, really don't mind the hijack.....carry on xxxx

Forgot the doughnut maker! It's so far back in the cupboard. One of the children had it as a present from ? and it's been used once - just as well.
I saw a candy floss maker once and as I LOVE the stuff was very tempted, but that really would be silly now wouldn't it? :rolleyes:.

So Hi Chels, How are you? xx

We should have a kitchen appliance sale to raise funds for charity...

xxx

Back