Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Morning Chels, so glad to see you back, you went a bit quiet over the weekend... but I thought that might mean you were having fun! When I read your post, I misread it as 'men with their shorts off...' !!! What DOES go on in that park, I was thinking. SW picnic sounds fab... and sts is fine hun, after all you had a carb gain after CD and that has now GONE, yay!!! In my case, I switched over earlier than you and messed around so badly my last WI was 12 10, a gain of 8lbs since stopping CD. I am going to weigh on wednesdays from now on as that's when I finally started properly, last weds, but resigned to slow progress. As long as it is progress, that's fine!

Do you like cous cous? You can buy packets of ready-flavoured stuff which you just pour boiling water onto, leave for 5 mins and fluff with a fork, enough for 2 or 3 meal bases. I think the packet ones are 1 syn as there is a teeny bit of oil in them, but 1 syn divided between 2 or 3 meals is fine I think. Pretty cheap and easy and quick?

Start posting food choices again, it will help... it's really helping me.

Big Monday hug.

xxx
EEuuwwwwwww, men playing footie with their shorts off :eek: It would give "going in with a hard tackle" a new meaning :D

I really do like couscous KC and is a very quick, cheap and easy accompaniment (sp) to a meal. It is really nice with salads too.

I know I must start posting a food diary again soon and as soon as I get paid then I will be able to have a big SW shop. In the meantime, I am just doing the best I can.

Today so far: 1 cup of tea, 2 coffees. 1 banana (the first for 5 days) 1 pear and 1 apple. Large glass of hot water.

Lunch: I am not sure about yet

Dinner: Ditto but do have some salad left over from yesterday, couscous and some chicken, so may have that. I could have a wholemeal pitta too, which would be a HexB. I also rustled up an orange sugar-free jelly, which I can have with a very large dollop of 0% yogurt.

Does that sound ok????? xxxxx

Glad you are doing well Katy. Long may it continue. Glad the shark net has helped ;):)

Lots of love xx

Sounds good to me! Is hexA your milk allowance? If not you could have a tiny bit of cheese with lunch... or a big bit of free low fat cottage cheese!

xxx

That sounds like a great food diary today, Chels!

Morning Yang,

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I hope your week at work goes well, too.

I'm still hanging in Texas -- about to go and treadmill (been making DD fill out some postacrds, so I have time to use the netbook).

We've not made a "game plan" for today -- maybe the Riverwalk, Alamo, zoo... I think I'd like to see if we could rent bikes and ride along and visit the historic missions (it is about a 10 mile bike ride -- but the City of San Antonio is pretty flat).

I should also check what the temperature is going to be today -- it has been in the high 80s during the day most of week.

Your food plan sounds great. I think KatyCakes is right (Beck agrees) planning in key.

MinnieMel

Dinner: Ditto but do have some salad left over from yesterday, couscous and some chicken, so may have that. I could have a wholemeal pitta too, which would be a HexB. I also rustled up an orange sugar-free jelly, which I can have with a very large dollop of 0% yogurt.

Does that sound ok????? xxxxx

Very ok.....:eating: xx

How did it go Chels? Wishing you another FAB SW day today... and hope the sun is shining where you are!

xxx

Today's Calendar thought:-

:character00238: When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on

Blimey...........I've got more knots than rope but do love the sentiment :D

Last night's meal was changed to 3 rashers of bacon, two poached eggs and a tin of tomatoes (all free) and 0% yogurt with orange sugar-free jelly for pudding...yum!!

Scales dropped by half a lb this morning, so I am that much down since I made the switch-over. Considering I have had to just do the best I can for over a week now, I am pretty pleased.

So near..........yet so far but I will get there. Five weeks until Jess' 21st birthday celebrations and that was my aim back in January, to be at target or as near as dammit :D:D

Gorgeous day here in the South and an expected high of 25 degrees. Wishing everyone a warm and sunny day too xxxx

Hooray for that half pound Chels! Once it begins to tip that way, it will keep on going! As you know it has taken me forever to settle into it but feeling so good now about having made the switch. I can't imagine ever going back.

I know what you mean about the knots and rope, yesterday I felt using the rope in a very different way (not really) but managed to survive. We can do this chick. Saw on someone else's thread a post about not letting goal dates or numbers of any kind unsettle or derail us, I agree totally, have changed my tune hugely... this tortoise is trying to enjoy the stroll and not race to be a pretend-hare. You have done so well overall, lost lots and will look stunning for Jess's 21st. If you are not quite at goal, trust me, nobody will know but you. And SW I really think is a way of eating of life... the last time I did it ages ago I had no intention of following it forever but I think I can this time, and want to. If I have offplan days, this way of eating is forgiving of them, but to use this as a base for how to eat... that sounds like a good idea.

Tortoise on liferaft, paddling very slowly towards the horizon...

xxx

Hooray for that half pound Chels! Once it begins to tip that way, it will keep on going! As you know it has taken me forever to settle into it but feeling so good now about having made the switch. I can't imagine ever going back.
That is fab to hear Katy...I know how worried you were about it all x
I know what you mean about the knots and rope, yesterday I felt using the rope in a very different way (not really) but managed to survive. We can do this chick. Saw on someone else's thread a post about not letting goal dates or numbers of any kind unsettle or derail us, I agree totally, have changed my tune hugely... this tortoise is trying to enjoy the stroll and not race to be a pretend-hare. You have done so well overall, lost lots and will look stunning for Jess's 21st. If you are not quite at goal, trust me, nobody will know but you. And SW I really think is a way of eating of life... the last time I did it ages ago I had no intention of following it forever but I think I can this time, and want to. If I have offplan days, this way of eating is forgiving of them, but to use this as a base for how to eat... that sounds like a good idea.
At the moment it is a diet because we are doing it to lose weight but as the goal weight is reached and stepping up to maintaining, then it really is an eating plan for life. Very do-able, sensible and like you say, forgiving. Instead of blowing it in a day its a weekly plan, one bad day does not an excuse for a binge make. Getting used to not having the panic around food and having the odd treat........that is the thing I am most looking forward to mastering. You m'lady sound like you are well on the way to this. Go you!!
Tortoise on liferaft, paddling very slowly towards the horizon...

xxx
Tortoises live longer than hares don't you know :D xxxx

Tortoises live longer than hares don't you know :D xxxx

Excellent point, Yang!

KatyCakes is right -- that no one but you will know that you aren't "at goal". Everyone here thinks I look good -- and I still have a stone to lose. I certainly look better than I did -- feel better and did not mind walking around the pool area without being covered by bedsheet!

I hope you both have a wonderful day (or afternoon it is now for you). I have to get myself sorted as GBFF (best American friend from Germany) is picking me up soon to take me downtown. DD will hang with YS today.

MinnieMel

Excellent point, Yang!

KatyCakes is right -- that no one but you will know that you aren't "at goal". Everyone here thinks I look good -- and I still have a stone to lose. I certainly look better than I did -- feel better and did not mind walking around the pool area without being covered by bedsheet!
Haha, you do make me laugh Mel :D
I hope you both have a wonderful day (or afternoon it is now for you). I have to get myself sorted as GBFF (best American friend from Germany) is picking me up soon to take me downtown. DD will hang with YS today.
It's afternoon here now. Will be going soon as I have an appointment to see the GP regarding ANOTHER sinus/nasal infection :cry:
MinnieMel
Good day sweetie, your holiday sounds like you are really having a good time. I am amazed that you are still checking in here. Makes me feel under pressure to report in daily when I am on my cruise........or does it? Hmmmmmmmm? Nah! I am hoping that trying to check out 1,500 crew and a three thousand people to 'watch' will keep me too busy to be logging onto the computer :D

Have a great day Mel xx

Scales down! Yay! Well done. xxx

Scales down! Yay! Well done. xxx
And they went right back up again this morning!!!

Yesterday stuck completely to plan and had 7 syns. Scales show a 1.2 lb increase this morning. :cry::cry::sigh:

So far today I have had fruit, plus the last of the sugar-free jelly and 0% yogurt for brekkie.

Chels, when is your official weigh in day?

Don't panic. It'll be water retention or something... my scales did that this week, dipped and then went up. But they came down again so that's what matters. Weekly WIs might be best for a little while, until you are settled into this? DO NOT PANIC. That's an order, Cap'n.

xxx

Chels, when is your official weigh in day?
Saturday is my official WI day but because I haven't been able to stick to it rigidly for financial reasons, I haven't been weighing myself......well, not strictly true as I have jumped on the scales every few days or so but not posting on the website.
Don't panic. It'll be water retention or something... my scales did that this week, dipped and then went up. But they came down again so that's what matters. Weekly WIs might be best for a little while, until you are settled into this? DO NOT PANIC. That's an order, Cap'n.

xxx
I'm not freaking out very much KC it was more of a very large question mark above my head this morning wondering what, if anything, I am doing wrong when I am being 'right' if that makes sense. I will not get back on the scales this week.

On a more positive note, I am wearing a very fitted dress today, black, with white spots, I bought it two years ago, bargain at £12 from Tesco :), when I lost all that weight on CD and it fitted for........oh...about a week!!! I have had several very nice compliments today about how lovely it looks and how it is such a perfect fit, so I will take that :D I also bronzed up my legs last night and they have a nice bit of St. Tropez colour to them. Brown fat looks so much nicer than white I think :D:D So am feeling good today about how I am looking. Amazing what a bit of sunshine does to a person...........beats a truck load of happy pills anyday lol xxx

Dress sounds fab... you are in goal clothes from last time!!! That's amazing. Be proud of yourself hun. Keep posting the food diaries and you'll stay on track... that's helping me at the moment.

xxx

Chelsea,

I weigh every day and my weight varies a lot (I can post a selection of my daily weights if you want ???). I use them only as a guide - it is only my Sunday weight that counts. So don't worry, just stick with it :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back