Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I have come over from CD as I was starting to really struggle after 8 weeks and -21lbs, to stay on track and I always intended to follow SW principles for maintaining goal weight, and decided that it would be good to do SW to lose the last 11lbs or so, to get into good habits for maintenance.

I have been reading through a few diaries over the last week or so and have been really impressed with the losses recorded and also the yummy food :D

I don't get paid until Friday, so have been trying to eat sensibly since last Friday, plus using up my CD packs (1 or 2 per day). I joined online today for three months and my food delivery arrives on Friday evening, which means that I can really get stuck into it from Saturday.

It is my intention to record all food/drink/syns consumed...honestly ;) and if anyone has any suggestions or comments, then please be my guest.

Thanks for reading

x

Last edited:
You have done so great, you have shown sheer determination on cd and should feel very proud. SW will be a walk in the park for ya!!
Hope so sweetie, just hope that having food doesn't open up the floodgates.....just need to break the CD/binge/CD cycle. I shall be following your progress :D

Morning mum,

Yes, feeling excited. Apart from the 16 hour flight (in total), and apparently the weather has taken a complete nose dive and will be max of -2...:eek:

I'm sure we'll have a nice time though, and definitely looking forward to seeing the Niagara Falls. Oh that reminds me actually, I told John what you said about seeing 2 of the "7 wonders of the world" and he came back with something quite amusing lol I'll email you. :D

I hope you're well this morning. I'm feeling abso disgusting - see my diary :D

bleugh!

Love you,
Jess xxx
I look forward to receiving the email :D

I have read your diary and replied to what you said. Shame that you will be going from lovely spring sunshine to minus 10 or whatever :D Still Johnny will keep you warm ;) At least you are going on a lovely trip instead of being stuck here at work etc. :jelous:

xxx

Ok so not actually fully on the plan until Saturday, after I have taken delivery of all my goodies on Friday evening. However, I am trying to make good food choices, so that I can easily slip into SW at the weekend.

Yesterday I had

Grapes for breakfast, lunch was a sandwich made with no spread, some tuna, cucumber and lettuce and an Activia ff cherry yogurt. Mid-afternoon snack of banana, apple and a plum and a CD shake. Dinner was a lamb steak, diced and stir-fried with some kale, spring onions and celery. Evening snack was some grapes and a CD Mousse.

Not exactly SW and definitely not CD but all things considered, not too bad.

Today so far:

Breakfast: Grapes and 0% Greek yogurt

Snack: 1 pear, plum and apple

Lunch: Prawn and smoked salmon salad, which was all lettuce, tomato and about 4 prawns and a miniscule amount of smoked salmon, followed by a Muller FF Strawberry Yogurt and a twin pack of Go Ahead Strawberry yogurt breaks (3.5 syns)

Snack: Twin pack of Go Ahead Strawberry yogurt breaks (3.5 syns)
2 Twin packs of Go Ahead Strawberry yogurt breaks 7 syns.....see, have something in the house and just HAVE to eat it. bl**dy things were talking to me all night.......grrrrrrrr

Dinner: Again, not sure yet will update later. I have some chicken thighs and a piece of cod in the freezer so will see what I fancy when I get home. Update: Probably going to make a nice casserole and bung in loads of veggies and thighs then I will have a meal for tomorrow as well. Forward planning......excellent

I'm now going to check out the website for some recipe ideas.........jeez I need ideas. I live on my own and I just can't get inspired to cook for myself and that is something that has got to change.

xx

Last edited:
Your food choices sound good to me Chels!

I'm lazy so have copied and pasted some food suggestions from another post that I did a few days back. It was asking for recipes with pulses and don't know whether you love your beans ;) but here are the recipes in case they are any use to you. I particularly love the soup and have it every week. All recipes are really good though:

Spicy root and lentil casserole (more like a curry):
Spicy root & lentil casserole recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Spiced Carrot & Lentil Soup - (lovely with or without milk):
Spiced carrot & lentil soup recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Ben Granger's Chickpea Stew with tomatoes and green chilli:
BBC - Food - Recipes : Chickpea stew with tomatoes and green chilli

Other suggestions would be things like:

Lasagne, Risotto, Paella, Omelette, Jacket spuds, Stir Fry, Curries etc.

Sounds great mum your food choices and it's good that you're doing the best you can until you can "properly" do SW. I spent £62 (inc delivery) on Sainsburys online this morning (will be delivered when I get back from Buffalo) and got HEAPS of stuff!!! I think it will last me a while and I'm going to have a big cooking fest :D

Remember you can always come to me for dinner. V is away on holiday the weekend after I get back so we'll have a girly night. :D xxx
I'm loving the sound of that and I will return the compliment and have you over, with or without your OH xx

Hi Chels, good to see you over here too. Alli's recipies look great, I'm going to try those. xx

Bloated, felt fat and panicky!!

Morning all, hope everything is good for you :D

I don't know if you saw my food log for yesterday but it was basically free food and 14 syns.

Last night, after I had eaten the chicken casserole with loads of veggies - despite the fact that it was all free - I felt really bloated, tight waistband and FAT! Then panic set in. How can I possibly lose weight after eating all this food. Having been on CD for the last 8 weeks I am not used to having this horrible bloated feeling, complete with a distended stomach. Then the mind starts playing horrible little tricks, doubting that it works, etc. Stupid, because I know it does, just by reading all the diaries on here and by looking at all the amazing success stories/photos in the SW magazine.

I didn't dare get on the scales this morning, just in case they showed a bit of a gain. I knew that if they had then I would be totally demoralised and probably give up. Do not want to do that!!

I have frozen the rest of the casserole to have either later tonight or tomorrow. I just need some reassurance that my choices for yesterday were fine, so that I can trust what I am doing and trust the diet.

Today, so far I have had:-

2 go ahead Strawberry yogurt breaks - 3.5 syns

Breakfast: 0% Total Greek Yogurt with Kiwi Fruits

Lunch: Chicken Salad, diet coke

ahhh i get that feeling all the time....when youve eaten a massive bowl of slimming world lasagna and feel so full you panic! I think weve associated feeling full with gaining weight. But your making yourself full with all the RIGHT food...which just stops you binging on the wrong stuff :) Good luck!! xxx

Thanks for that Bubbles, I just needed to hear someone say that for a bit of reassurance.

You look terrific by the way. What a difference in your photos. Well done x

Aaarrgh! I'm going to drive you all up the wall!!!

Hi,

Me and Mrs Lampard went to Nando's for lunch :D We both had a pitta, with chicken breast, tiny bit of salad and a dollop of medium piri piri sauce.

My head is telling me that the pitta would be HEXB, the chicken and salad free and to just syn the small amount of mayo and the dollop of piri piri. I thought I would just check to make sure online and can't find it anywhere. Can anyone advise please? Just want to make sure I am doing it all right, to give myself the best chance of getting this last lot of lbs off.

Thanks xx

I think you can only have pitta has heb if it's wholemeal. Still good choices though...

I'm just trying to figure out if I can change my red day to an EE day so I can have chips with my burger tonight...i'd have to forego the burger bun but I could live with that.

Right back to work now - wish I could stay outside this afternoon. :)

I think you can only have pitta has heb if it's wholemeal. Still good choices though...

I'm just trying to figure out if I can change my red day to an EE day so I can have chips with my burger tonight...i'd have to forego the burger bun but I could live with that.

Right back to work now - wish I could stay outside this afternoon. :)
Oh b**ger, will have to syn the pitta then as it wasn't wholemeal......:cry:

I'm not sure if you can switch mid-way through the day Alli, I have no doubt that someone else can put you right on that score though. I've been invited to a BBQ after work so hopefully can grab me a bit of sunshine before it goes down. Will have SW where I can :D

Morning Chels, thought i'd pop in to see you over here hun, hope you are doing really well on SW, is it feeling right for you?
xx

Hi Yang,

Found your new diary. I hope it is going well. I think Slimming World would be too complicated for me (I was born blonde). ;)

I am glad we passed on the Vitality Show with the protests going on in London.

MM

Morning Chels, thought i'd pop in to see you over here hun, hope you are doing really well on SW, is it feeling right for you?
xx
Hi honey, yes it is feeling right Lelly, no panic if I have something 'naughty' as long as it is all factored in, everything is fine.... I just want to feel normal and not worry about food and eating etc., be like a slim person, which I was once, and naturally curb intake after a bit of a session ;)
Hi Yang,

Found your new diary. I hope it is going well. I think Slimming World would be too complicated for me (I was born blonde). ;)

I am glad we passed on the Vitality Show with the protests going on in London.

MM
Do you know, I wouldnt have given the protests another thought, it would have been a nightmare and we would have probably got caught up in it and been arrested for inciting a riot or something :p I did explain on another post somewhere about stressing about travelling alone, that is why without Jess I bottled it. Not about meeting up with you, my lovely xxx Something we must arrange soon :)

FYI -- Here is how I knew to not go to London today. This article was part of an emailed newsletter I received weekly.

March & Demonstration in London **BE AWARE**
Security Notice

AMERICAN EMBASSY, LONDON
NOTICE NUMBER: 2011-010
DATE: Monday, March 21, 2011
SUBJECT: March & Demonstration
APPROVING OFFICE: DRSO

Place: Between Temple Place & Blackfriars, then onward to Hyde Park
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2011
Time: Approximately 1100-1630 Hours
Group: Trades Union Congress (TUC)
Number: Approximately 150,000 (police estimates)

There will be a Trades Union Congress (TUC) in central London on Saturday the 26th of March, 2011 from approximately 1100 hours to 1630 hours. An estimated 150,000 TUC members and students will form up between Temple Place & Blackfriars and then march onwards to Hyde Park via the following route; Embankment to Bridge Street, to Whitehall, to Trafalgar Square, to Cockspur Street, to Pall Mall, to Waterloo Place, to Piccadilly, to Park Lane, and arriving at Hyde Park via Hyde Park Corner. Short traffic holds to facilitate the march to pass will occur along the route. Bus Services will be diverted around the area.

This march will be well policed. The RSO recommends that Mission personnel and family members avoid the protest route. If you have plans to visit central London, exercise common sense combined with personal safety measures. These measures are generally recommended at any time and place:

· If you find yourself at or near a protest, leave.
· If you are confronted by a protestor, leave.
· Do not challenge debate or make unwise comments. This will only increase your chance of becoming a victim of violence.
· Do not wear clothing that might incite some sort of response.

Last edited:
Day 1 The SW Way

Ok, so here we go. This is my first day, hopefully I am doing it right but if not, please shout and point out my errors :D

Breakfast: Hmmm never really been a brekkie person so, tea and two cups of coffee

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta (HEX B) with salad and prawn filling, sprinkle of lemon juice

Dinner: Homemade chilli con carne, made with lean mince beef, celery, onions, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, 2 oxo cubes, paprika, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, green pepper, No rice.

2 Activia fat free yogurts, one orange, one strawberry.

Snacks: Grapes, orange sugar free jelly with Activia ff orange yogurt.

Skimmed milk - HEX A

Syns - 1/2 for the jelly

FYI -- Here is how I knew to not go to London today. This article was part of an emailed newletter I received weekly.

March & Demonstration in London **BE AWARE**
Security Notice

AMERICAN EMBASSY, LONDON
NOTICE NUMBER: 2011-010
DATE: Monday, March 21, 2011
SUBJECT: March & Demonstration
APPROVING OFFICE: DRSO

Place: Between Temple Place & Blackfriars, then onward to Hyde Park
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2011
Time: Approximately 1100-1630 Hours
Group: Trades Union Congress (TUC)
Number: Approximately 150,000 (police estimates)

There will be a Trades Union Congress (TUC) in central London on Saturday the 26th of March, 2011 from approximately 1100 hours to 1630 hours. An estimated 150,000 TUC members and students will form up between Temple Place & Blackfriars and then march onwards to Hyde Park via the following route; Embankment to Bridge Street, to Whitehall, to Trafalgar Square, to Cockspur Street, to Pall Mall, to Waterloo Place, to Piccadilly, to Park Lane, and arriving at Hyde Park via Hyde Park Corner. Short traffic holds to facilitate the march to pass will occur along the route. Bus Services will be diverted around the area.

This march will be well policed. The RSO recommends that Mission personnel and family members avoid the protest route. If you have plans to visit central London, exercise common sense combined with personal safety measures. These measures are generally recommended at any time and place:

· If you find yourself at or near a protest, leave.
· If you are confronted by a protestor, leave.
· Do not challenge debate or make unwise comments. This will only increase your chance of becoming a victim of violence.
· Do not wear clothing that might incite some sort of response.
"I'm innocent Officer!!! I was attending the Vitality exhibition...........honest, this placard just happened to find its way into my hand" :D

Back