Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Ok, so here we go. This is my first day, hopefully I am doing it right but if not, please shout and point out my errors :D

Breakfast: Hmmm never really been a brekkie person so, tea and two cups of coffee

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta (HEX B) with salad and prawn filling, sprinkle of lemon juice

Dinner: Homemade chilli con carne, made with lean mince beef, celery, onions, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, 2 oxo cubes, paprika, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, green pepper, No rice.

2 Activia fat free yogurts, one orange, one strawberry.

Snacks: Grapes, orange sugar free jelly with Activia ff orange yogurt.

Skimmed milk - HEX A

Syns - 1/2 for the jelly

Looks good to me Chels, but then I'm a beginner so maybe someone else with more experience will come along and comment. Why no rice though? I see no carbs. And I'd probably add an apple, but that's just me I think, love apples.
Quiet without Jess? How's she doing on that fab holiday? xx

"I'm innocent Officer!!! I was attending the Vitality exhibition...........honest, this placard just happened to find its way into my hand" :D

I wonder if they serve SW meals in jail?

MM

Oh dear............yesterday was Day 2 and it was all going so well.

Met someone for a walk and a couple of cups of coffee. It was the first time we had met, bit nervous and couldn't eat. We walked for miles all around Hampton Court Palace, which was fine. I got home and felt really tired, so had a nap. Woke up just feeling so groggy and in need of chocolate :cry:I had barely had any sins the day before, so probably not too much damage done but annoying all the same. I also had a portion of chilli, sugar-free jelly with an Activia ff yogurt.

The scales are showing a bit of a drop from the other day when I last weighed and my official WI is tomorrow. If they show 1lb off I will be pleased, considering I've only been SWing for a few days.

I know I need to up my fruit and veg - I have a nice pear sitting on my desk, which I am now going to have a munch on.

Hope everyone had a better weekend than me :D

Did you really have a bad weekend Chels? Do I detect an unnatural coyness?;) ;) Ok, spill the beans - who were you walking round Hampton Court with?!!:D

Unless you ate a box of chocolates I don't suppose you did much damage, I keep some small bars (ok there are 50, but with this mob there wouldn't be any left for me otherwise!) so I can have an occasional treat. If there was just me I would only buy one or 2 at a time to keep at home to keep me on the straight and narrow, especially if the nearest choc shop wasn't 3.5 miles away!

I've never been to HC, and would love to.
Have a great Monday! xx

Oh dear............yesterday was Day 2 and it was all going so well.

Met someone for a walk and a couple of cups of coffee. It was the first time we had met, bit nervous and couldn't eat. We walked for miles all around Hampton Court Palace, which was fine. I got home and felt really tired, so had a nap. Woke up just feeling so groggy and in need of chocolate :cry:I had barely had any sins the day before, so probably not too much damage done but annoying all the same. I also had a portion of chilli, sugar-free jelly with an Activia ff yogurt.

The scales are showing a bit of a drop from the other day when I last weighed and my official WI is tomorrow. If they show 1lb off I will be pleased, considering I've only been SWing for a few days.

I know I need to up my fruit and veg - I have a nice pear sitting on my desk, which I am now going to have a munch on.

Hope everyone had a better weekend than me :D

That doesn't sound anything like a bad weekend to me!! How much chocolate did you have :eek::D?

You did so much walking that your body probably craved some carbs. Looking at day 1 you were a bit light on carbs so maybe you need to add some pasta / rice for a few days and see how it suits you.

Yay on those scales moving downwards - I think it takes a while to settle in to SW. I felt bloated for a few days after starting just because I went from trying to stick to WW to eating free foods but it's settled down now and I feel great.

Hope you have a great Monday! When is Jess back & have you heard from her?:)

Did you really have a bad weekend Chels? Do I detect an unnatural coyness?;) ;) Ok, spill the beans - who were you walking round Hampton Court with?!!:D
Okaaaaayyyyy, I shall 'fess up!!! I have been chatting to a guy for over a year who friend requested me on FB, he is also a member of a Chelsea group. Some of the texts and emails we exchange are hilarious and last week we decided that perhaps a meet for a coffee would be ok. So I drove 24 miles to HC and he drove 7 from his house!!! Funny that, cos he suggested meeting half way :confused: Anyway, we met, walked about 3/4 of a mile to the nearest cafe, had a coffee in the sunshine, lots of chat. Walked to the Palace, walked round the gardens chatting, had a coffee there, walked back to the car park, chatted a bit more, quick kiss and off. About 3 hours spent with him in total. Very nice, good giggle but no 'spark' (nice speak for I didn't fancy the pants off him).
Unless you ate a box of chocolates I don't suppose you did much damage, I keep some small bars (ok there are 50, but with this mob there wouldn't be any left for me otherwise!) so I can have an occasional treat. If there was just me I would only buy one or 2 at a time to keep at home to keep me on the straight and narrow, especially if the nearest choc shop wasn't 3.5 miles away!
It was a large bar of Aero and I've been too scared to go onto the Syn calculator on the website and see how many it came too :eek:
I've never been to HC, and would love to.
Have a great Monday! xx

That doesn't sound anything like a bad weekend to me!! How much chocolate did you have :eek::D?

You did so much walking that your body probably craved some carbs. Looking at day 1 you were a bit light on carbs so maybe you need to add some pasta / rice for a few days and see how it suits you.
I think you are probably right about that. I will have to get over me being scared of carbs and include more in my diet.
Yay on those scales moving downwards - I think it takes a while to settle in to SW. I felt bloated for a few days after starting just because I went from trying to stick to WW to eating free foods but it's settled down now and I feel great.

Hope you have a great Monday! When is Jess back & have you heard from her?:)
I am picking them up from Gatwick very early Saturday morning. She has posted some pics on FB of Niagara Falls. It looks wonderful. It is very cold and snowy in Buffalo right now........rather her than me. Had enough of all that winter weather.

Hope you are both fit and well today xxx

Day 3

Ok so day 3 and the story so far:-

2 pears and one banana

Prawns with a little pasta and salad and a tbsp of mayo - 4.5 syns

1 Mullerlight Toffee yogurt

Three rashers of bacon, 2 eggs and a large helping of heinz baked beans

One McVities Hobnob Medley bar (raisin and chocolate) - 6.5 syns

Skimmed milk HEA

No HEB as yet.

Sugar-free jelly, with Activia Fat Free Strawberry yogurt.

Not too bad but feel really bloated and am sitting here with my trousers undone.........must be the beans :D

Hi Yang,

Boy, that sounds like sooo much food. Yum.

So much for sabotage! I made DH his kabobs and basmati rice but he used the Rosemary Conley Portion measure -- then did the Beck "Stop Overeating" exercise and left a third on his plate. He has never been to a RC class or read one page of the Beck book. This is all from "picking my brain". The B@st@rd!

Hummmm... what would the Coyote do if the Road Runner was losing more weight than he was? Oh wait... I should pick a successful role model. Hummmm... who is good at sobotage? I need to think on this....

MM

Hi Yang,

Boy, that sounds like sooo much food. Yum.

So much for sabotage! I made DH his kabobs and basmati rice but he used the Rosemary Conley Portion measure -- then did the Beck "Stop Overeating" exercise and left a third on his plate. He has never been to a RC class or read one page of the Beck book. This is all from "picking my brain". The B@st@rd!

Hummmm... what would the Coyote do if the Road Runner was losing more weight than he was? Oh wait... I should pick a successful role model. Hummmm... who is good at sobotage? I need to think on this....

MM
Get yourself an ACME South Beach Diet sabotage kit.......pronto :D

Mel, you are obviously a good teacher.

It is a lot of food, the baked beans, on top of kidney beans two days running has left me *ahem* with a wind problem. :D:D It is a good thing that I live on my own.......

Mel, you are obviously a good teacher.

It is a lot of food, the baked beans, on top of kidney beans two days running has left me *ahem* with a wind problem. :D:D It is a good thing that I live on my own.......

And I thought there was a gas shortage in the UK?

I'm just glad that you gave up smoking... or I might be seeing what's left of your flat on Sky News!

Nite Yang -- I hope you get de-lagged. Sleep well.

MinnieMel

Day 4 and I have got the serious hump!!!

Today and yesterday I purchased, for my lunch, a prawn layered salad from Tesco. This item consists of some prawns, pasta, grated carrot, lettuce, a few bits of sweetcorn, a little bit of chopped cucumber and some marie rose sauce, which cannot amount to more than a tbspn of mayo/ketchup. I had been allowing 6 syns for the sauce. I checked it online this afternoon and it comes in at 13.5 syns :eek: I am gobsmacked as 98% of it is free food. No wonder I am not losing any weight. Feel really fed up now. I would have been better off having a sandwich.

Rant over ;)

Poor you, I've replied on your other diary. xx

Hi Yang,

I already "smacked" you in your other diary for not doing the Beck "Oh Well" over the Syn ignorance. You are new to SW and it seems awfully complicated, so please do not give yourself a hard time for needing to learn how to make it work. And shame on Tescos for having such "Syn-full" salads.

MM

That does sound really high!!?? Marie Rose sauce is 3.5 syns per level tbsp so could there have been 4 tbsps in the salad (might not seem that much in a big bowl).

Still - you have 105 syns per week to play with and whether you split those up into 7 lots of 15 or use them as you need them is up to you, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

It does take some getting used to! I have done SW before but I'm still making mistakes left right and centre - in particular I keep "remembering" syn values from previous attempts and then realise I'm counting WW points which is a whole different thing altogether ;)

That does sound really high!!?? Marie Rose sauce is 3.5 syns per level tbsp so could there have been 4 tbsps in the salad (might not seem that much in a big bowl).

Still - you have 105 syns per week to play with and whether you split those up into 7 lots of 15 or use them as you need them is up to you, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

It does take some getting used to! I have done SW before but I'm still making mistakes left right and centre - in particular I keep "remembering" syn values from previous attempts and then realise I'm counting WW points which is a whole different thing altogether ;)
Yeah Alli, that's what I thought re the syn value and there is definitely not 4 spoons worth - lesson learned. I'll make my own in future....I'm just so not organised enough, which is another lesson to learn, along with the s*d it I've blown it, let's just stuff my face lesson. Whereas if I had taken a deep breath, worked out that out of my syn allowance for the week, 13.5 was ok, then I might not be sitting here now feeling dreadful and stuffed to bursting with too much (bad) food inside me.

I need a darn good smack!!! xx

Back