Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Just borrowed this from Gail's thread.
Unfortunately I had to re-home my 3 cats 18 months ago because where I moved to was too dangerous for them....busy roads etc., and I miss them so much and still have a cry when looking at their pictures :cry:they were so loving though *sigh* xxx

Sorry about your cats. I don't know how I would live without one. When we came to Spain we had to rehome our 2. One got sold with our house! (friends bought it and as their 2 were the same age as our they said what the hell difference does one more make). Our old lady went back to her original mum (V long story) and only died just before xmas aged almost 22. I wept buckets over the phone with my friend.

Lasted 12 months without one here and now hubby curses me all the time. Says we have no flexibility to do what we want. Men !!!

Chels, sending a hug... rotten about the tummy pains. Hope to catch up soon, back home at weekend, but didn't want to read & run.

xxx

Good Friday greetings everyone,

Went AWOL yesterday owing to a day off work and a visit (yet another one) to the Doctor. He gave me a bit of a once-over, precribed some pills that they give to people who have/or are in danger of getting ulcers but decided that he didn't want to take any risks and is going to refer me for an Endoscopy at the local Hospital. Hopefully the appointment will coincide nicely with my eye appointment, so I don't have to let down work on two occasions!!!!!!!! To say I am cheesed off would be an understatement. Woke up this morning feeling really sick again but luckily I wasn't :D

On a lighter note (literally) I had my first WI last night and have lost 1.5 lbs. Not a huge amount but I am pleased after the week I've had and medication etc., perhaps wouldn't have helped.

I'm not going to alter my ticker though as their scales are weighing me heavier......bit confused as to what my ticker should now say to be honest.

Weather here is cold, dull, grey and very un-nearly June like :mad: Jess and I had a spray tan done on Wednesday and I am sticking out like a sore thumb lol. Very impressed with the colour though, despite the fact that it is so cold I have blue lips to match :D

Hope everyone is doing well.

xxxx

Hi Chels - well done on the loss. SW is finally working for you.

Re scales: the perennial problem of weighing on 2 different sets. They are never the same. It all depends on a) whether you are going to stick with class and b) you want to show a gain.

What I would do is continue using your own scales and weigh in again when you get home from class. What it means is you've now "benchmarked" your home scales. Continue to record you losses in terms of your home scales and just accept that in reality you may be a bit heavier! Or it may be that the ones at SW at slightly out!

Sorry about your tum - it must be a real . . . pain! All I can say is have a great weekend with Jess and see if that helps.

Hi Chels - well done on the loss. SW is finally working for you.

Re scales: the perennial problem of weighing on 2 different sets. They are never the same. It all depends on a) whether you are going to stick with class and b) you want to show a gain.

What I would do is continue using your own scales and weigh in again when you get home from class. What it means is you've now "benchmarked" your home scales. Continue to record you losses in terms of your home scales and just accept that in reality you may be a bit heavier! Or it may be that the ones at SW at slightly out!

Sorry about your tum - it must be a real . . . pain! All I can say is have a great weekend with Jess and see if that helps.
Morning Bev,

Thanks for the advice. If I wasn't going to a class I would be taking my weight as the first thing in the morning on my home scales, so will go with that, as it is a truer reflection imo lol.

I didn't weigh this morning but will try over the weekend......I'm staying at DD1s until Monday and will try and report xx

Last edited:
See you tonight mummy!!! Hope you feel better and glad your tan looks lovely xxx Train is at 7:20 from where you are so see you on it! xx
Really hope I will be on it J. At the moment its 50 - 50 and if I make it out, I doubt I will want a drink :cry:xxx

Hug for Chels, so sorry about the ulcery-worry. Hope you feel brighter soon and enjoy J's fab celebration weekend. And congrats on the loss... wooop!!!

xxx

Hiya Chelsea

How u feeling today? Hope the medication is working for you. Well done on the weight loss. Take care Hun.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you are poorly. Big hugs and hope the medication starts working soon.

Have a lovely weekend with the kids.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry you're still not feeling right! I hope the meds work quickly and that you'll be able to enjoy the birthday celebrations! Big hugs! xxx

So sorry that you feel rough Chels and hope that you feel better very soon. Hope you still have a great time this weekend.xxx

[QUOTE
My DH laughed and said that it was because Scandis are known for being about as straight laced (read boring) as Canadians. I gave him a Chinese burn cause I'm hard like that :D[/QUOTE]

:8855:

Should I mention that my OH is Canadian? Probably not! :)

Hi Chels,

I hope that you are feeling better. You looked fab in Jess's party pictures and your other daughters are lovely, as well.

Mel

Hey Chels, sorry to hear you've been feeling so rubbish hunny, hope the meds help and you have been able to enjoy your weekend.

Great news on the weight loss too hun

Wishing you a 'feely better' great diety week!

take care hun

x

Hi Yang,

You lose, I gain. We are in balance.

I saw my CDC this morning and after another month (nearly) off being off plan -- I am up three pounds. So, back at it as of this morning!

I hope you are better.

Mel

You looked fab in Jess's party pictures and your other daughters are lovely, as well.

Mel

Where are all the piccies? Can't find them?

Chels - hope you are feeling a bit better today!

Hug for Chels, so sorry about the ulcery-worry. Hope you feel brighter soon and enjoy J's fab celebration weekend. And congrats on the loss... wooop!!!

xxx
Thanks Katy, my loss though, has turned into a mega-gain after the weekend :cry:
Hiya Chelsea

How u feeling today? Hope the medication is working for you. Well done on the weight loss. Take care Hun.

Hugs

XxJulesxX
Hi Jules,

Tummy still playing up unfortunately but not sure if that is now because of side-effects of medication, as they can cause constipation or 'the other one' I think I am just a wreck lol.
Sorry to hear that you are poorly. Big hugs and hope the medication starts working soon.

Have a lovely weekend with the kids.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone
Thank you Gail, I had a lovely weekend with my sis, her daughter and my grand-daughter. Grandson went and stayed at DD2's for the weekend as he didn't want to be left out of teen girlies talking endlessly about Justin Bieber etc. lol. Really nice time though. xx
Sorry you're still not feeling right! I hope the meds work quickly and that you'll be able to enjoy the birthday celebrations! Big hugs! xxx
Morning Alli, I felt a bit dodgy a couple of times on the night out so had a couple of medicinal whisky and diet cokes to see if that would 'help' lol. We had a laugh though :D
So sorry that you feel rough Chels and hope that you feel better very soon. Hope you still have a great time this weekend.xxx

Thanks Bess, just waiting to see what these tests reveal, if anything. I'm still convinced that it was CD that has stuffed me up again (sorry for any CDers who may happen to be reading this) xx
[QUOTE
My DH laughed and said that it was because Scandis are known for being about as straight laced (read boring) as Canadians. I gave him a Chinese burn cause I'm hard like that :D

:8855:

Should I mention that my OH is Canadian? Probably not! :)[/QUOTE]
:D:D
Hi Chels,

I hope that you are feeling better. You looked fab in Jess's party pictures and your other daughters are lovely, as well.

Mel
Morning Mel, thank you for saying I looked fab, so kind. Only one of my other daughters are in the pics. DD1 was away for the weekend. The one with the long red hair and big blue eyes wearing the black dress is DD2, she is the one getting married next month (jeez, that sounds soooooo close now). The others are friends of Jess and the one with the long blonde hair in the red dress is Laura's future SIL. I felt sooooooo old compared to them all. Jeez, I've got knickers older than most of them hahahaha xx
Hey Chels, sorry to hear you've been feeling so rubbish hunny, hope the meds help and you have been able to enjoy your weekend.

Great news on the weight loss too hun

Wishing you a 'feely better' great diety week!

take care hun

x
Thanks my darling. Hope you have a great diety week too Lelly xx

Where are all the piccies? Can't find them?

Chels - hope you are feeling a bit better today!
Hi Bev,

The pics are up on Jessica's diary. I don't feel confident enough to post them up on mine lol. xx

Well good morning everyone and thank you so much for posting your good wishes. So much appreciated.

As stated above, had a fab night out to celebrate Jess' birthday. I bought some really high platform shoes from Next, to go with the black and white 60s inspired dress you can see in the photo. I seriously got vertigo when I first put them on and I can honestly say that walking and balancing in them was difficult and painful......but they are nice shoes, so will no doubt wear them again :D

Still felt rotten on Saturday with tummy problems and had a sleep on the sofa whilst sister took her daughter and my Grand-daughter into town to do some shopping. Sister then had an evening out and I 'babysat' although they were in the bedroom all night eating popcorn and watching Hannah Montana and I got lots of peace and quiet watching the Champions' league final :D:D

Sunday, we took the girls bowling.....guess who came last!!! :eek: Then I cooked a lovely sunday roast lamb dinner. I don't have the inclination to cook properly for myself so it was nice to do the works and I enjoyed every mouthful. It was noticeable that I didn't have any pain afterwards either :D

DD1 and her OH arrived home at 11:00 yesterday morning and I had a cuppa with them and headed home. Went completely off the rails with food. I bought and ate a whole Date and Walnut loaf.....which is nothing short of shocking really and I reckon that I am at least 5lbs heavier as a result of my excesses :eek:

Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up. I am still 1.5 stones lighter than at the beginning of the year and over two stones lighter than at my heaviest and I still have 7 - 8 weeks before the wedding.

Today, I have had 0% yog with blueberries, HEB with marmite + tea/coffee (HEA).

I do hope you are all well and having a fab Tuesday.

Love

Hi Yang,

Whatever bindgy gain you have acquired will go away fairly fast, as it is probably water retained with the carb gain. Just low GI and Low Carb your Slimming World options and you'll be back on track in no time.

Really? I thought the future sister-in-law looked a lot like you! I love your DD's red hair. It looks natural -- is that from your side of the family?

Question -- were you rooting for Barcelona or Man U?

Mel

Hi Yang,

Whatever bindgy gain you have acquired will go away fairly fast, as it is probably water retained with the carb gain. Just low GI and Low Carb your Slimming World options and you'll be back on track in no time.

Really? I thought the future sister-in-law looked a lot like you! I love your DD's red hair. It looks natural -- is that from your side of the family?

Question -- were you rooting for Barcelona or Man U?

Mel
Hi Ying,

Unfortunately I can't claim the lovely red hair as being from my side.......ex MIL was the same colouring. It is the most gorgeous colour and when she was a tiny baby, people would stop me in the street to admire/comment on her hair colour.

As an out and out Chelsea fan there was no way I could support ManUre :D last Saturday and I was more than a bit pleased to see them and their obnoxious, arrogant manager get a footballing lesson.

All I need now is for Andy Murray to win his match, which resumes any time now and I will be very happy!!

xxxxx

Hi Yang,

Isn't Andy injured?

I was rooting for Barcelona but DS (who is a Chelsea fan) rooted or Man U because he felt that he ought to root for a home team. (I kept telling him... you're American it doesn't really matter.)

Mel

Back