Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

.... and this being the pinnacle of my life, a week's cruise to northern france/northern spain (hardly exotic although fab) seems a bit pathetic for 56 years and a bit depressing.

Sorry............that's why I've been quiet lately, just bring everyone else down. Ignore me. x
No way will I ignore you! And as for the cruise being the pinnacle of your life seeming pathetic . . . rot, tosh and bullsh1t!
It is a once in a lifetime thing to see your daughter get married on a luxury liner. So just bl**dy well enjoy yourself and stop apologising. Or else I will call you pathetic! LOL
I'll never be able to afford something like that and there are loads of people who would give their eye teeth to just walk on board!

Hope all the niggley problems are going away and that you can really enjoy your daughter's wedding and your holiday!

(((( HUGS ))))

No way will I ignore you! And as for the cruise being the pinnacle of your life seeming pathetic . . . rot, tosh and bullsh1t!
It is a once in a lifetime thing to see your daughter get married on a luxury liner. So just bl**dy well enjoy yourself and stop apologising. Or else I will call you pathetic! LOL
I'll never be able to afford something like that and there are loads of people who would give their eye teeth to just walk on board!

Hope all the niggley problems are going away and that you can really enjoy your daughter's wedding and your holiday!

(((( HUGS ))))

Thanks Pommette,

I have copied and pasted from my Gold diary, this morning's moans and groans :D

Aw, thanks Gail...so sweet of you to remember my horrible test..which is tomorrow :eek: The tinnitus is still bugging me and my new bridge and crown I had done, which took 3 attempts to get right, is still wrong!!! So just another thing to get me down. I told the dentist on Monday that my 'bite' was still not right but I think he was so fed up with having to send the tooth back to the lab for correction that he virtually dismissed my concerns. Now I can't chew a bloody thing. If I try to eat on the side with the new crown/bridge then it is like metal on metal........excrutiating and the right side of my mouth doesn't meet enough to chew..thank God I have my CD shakes. The holiday of a lifetime coming up and I can't eat solid food........great :cry:

I've got an appointment at 11:40 this morning to see if the Dentist can fix me. Watch this space :mad:

Humph - I know how horrid it is when your crown/bridge doesn't fit properly.
I had one done in February and it was exactly the same as yours - too high so that the teeth on the other side wouldn't meet. But when I went back to the dentist he sorted it out himself there and then and didn't bat an eyelid. That was here in Spain where it cost me about 2/3 the price of what it would have in the UK and I got a much better quality crown/bridge than I would have in the UK.

I hate UK dentists. They are such a rip off.

Whats the horrid test that you need doing hun?

Poor Chels is having an endoscopy about now to try to sort out her tummy problems. We are all holding her hands and sending good vibes and sure you will be too. xx

Morning Chels

How you feeling today, I always read your diary and you always seem to have lovely things to say to everyone to pick them up just don't forget about yourself.

Hope you get your tummy trouble sorted and then go and enjoy your cruise - you so deserve it and it will be a fabulous trip and once its over you'll have all the memories from it to last a lifetime.

Me and my friends are going away (9 weeks tom to be precise, not that I'm counting honest) and we opened a bank account last year and put £20 a month in when we got paid, it paid for the flights and villa and a little left over for spending money. We are all married/have partners and kids so just 10 girls going for a chill out dfor 4 nights. Would you be able to do something like that maybe, put £20 a month away and go with some girlfriends next summer?

Sending you big hugs and hope you're feeling better
xxxx

Poor Chels is having an endoscopy about now to try to sort out her tummy problems. We are all holding her hands and sending good vibes and sure you will be too. xx
Definitely holding her hands - albeit a bit late in the day.
I had one of those about 10 years ago.
YUK! I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Hope you are feeling ok today chica.

(((( HUGS ))))

Hmm........all that sympathy and hand holding.......confess Chels!! :D

Confessions of an imbecile :D Copied and pasted from my Gold diary

Morning ladies,

Well, you sent the calm vibes but you forgot to send your brain cells, to replace the ones I obviously don't have.

I got my paperwork together yesterday morning, in readiness and apparently I should have phoned to CONFIRM acceptance of the appointment within 5 days of receiving the letter (back in June) otherwise they assume you can't make it and offer the appointment to someone else. All this is news to me. I thought that you only phoned if you couldn't make it. I phoned the hospital and .............there was no appointment for me :D:D I was unable to get online yesterday to let everyone know, so sorry if you were worrying about me.

I have to say, coward that I am, that I was relieved as I woke up shaking. Whatever the problem was died down weeks ago and I diagnosed myself as it being a particuarly active phase of IBS. I promise that if the problem crops up again I WILL go straight to my GP and I WILL do everything to the letter and have the examination.

I hope everyone is ok and Emmaline, my wrist-slap doesn't hurt anymore :confused:

Hrmmmmph.....got another appointment through this morning, for the 23rd August. :cry:

Well, if you are ok until then, maybe you won't need it after all? :)

Hi Chels
I'd be tempted to go anyway. If you've had problems in the past with IBS it may well be worth getting checked out.
The endoscope isn't nice - if they offer you the option of throat spray of knock out juice, go for knock out. I tried with throat spray and they gave up after 5 minutes and knocked me out. Only problem is you need someone to drivce you or accompany you fro a few hours.
((( HUGS ))) you dippy bird!

Hi Chels,

Just got caught up. I am so sorry things aren't going well. I hope the dentist sorted things out for you. I hope that you can just enjoy giving your daughter away and have fun time with the family on the cruise.

Mel

Morning all,

Just biding my time before I go to see the Doc at 11:00. The ear syringing hasn't sorted out the tinnitus and to say that I am slowly going mad is an understatement. It is preventing me from sleeping. Despite having the TV or radio on in the bedroom to try to drown out the noise in my head. This should be such a happy week, getting ready for the big week next week but it is turning into a nightmare. Tinnitus, migraine and generally feeling sorry for myself :cry: Weight is the least of my worries right now. Oh for the sound of silence.......please God.

On a brighter note. Jess (DD3) bought some palazzo pants for the cruise, which are a size 12 and I decided to try them on a couple of nights ago and not only do they fit but there is room to spare around the waist. How did that happen? I'm not kidding myself too much though as we all know how sizes can vary from shop to shop but they looked quite nice and just seeing a size 12 label gave me a warm glow.

I went and bought a body shaper full length slip from M & S yesterday and got home and (after much huffing and puffing putting it on) tried a few holiday dresses on. Wow, everything looked so much smoother and nicer and my wobbly bits didn't wobble :D:D I did end up with a Kirk Douglas dimple on my chin though, when putting it on, turned out it was my navel :8855:Definitely a garment I would recommend. It also has built in bust support, so no need to wear a bra underneath. Worth £25? Absolutely.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday. I'm off to get ready for the Dr., then onto my DD2s for highlights and a trim. Hairdresser is coming to us as there are 3 of us having the works done. Then Dry Cleaners to pick up posh frock, then off to the Salon to have eyelash extensions done. Tomorrow it is the crematorium to say hello to my mum. Six years tomorrow since she left us........doesn't get any easier. Friday is nails day and packing. I wish I was a man........they don't have all this palarver do they?

Ciao xxx

Hope you have a wonderful time Chels and the Doc can help with the ears. xxx

WOW... so soon! The Adventure is about to Venture (a)! :)

My ticker says 3 days. Jeez it doesn't seem five minutes ago it said 6 months and 3 weeks!!! Getting all the nice stuff done now, hair, eyes, nails etc., so getting majorly excited :gimi::bliss::party0011::wee::banana dancer::party0016:

Chels - my how time flies. I agree, it doesn't seem like 5 minutes since you said it was months to go.

Hope you have a fantastic time, just so sorry that you land so far from us in Northern Spain otherwise I would come to say hi. Give my love to DD and her hubby to be - and wish the happy couple a good day. Also say hi to Jess for mw too.

(((( HUGS ))))

Will do Bev, pass on your good wishes that is. It is a shame that we only hit La Coruna and that we are not coming down to the Med :cry:Maybe if my lottery numbers come up I will do a 2 week Med cruise next time.......or just buy the place next to you and emigrate over there..which I could do with a large lottery win :D

xxx

Lottery win doesn't need to be that large! The house next door but 2 is for sale - not sure of the price. But there is a huge 3-bed semi behind us for sale at €85,000. You can eat drink and be merry on about €6,500 a year!!

Back