Chiccken and Leek Pie - sooooo nice

hexe

I thought I'd give the SW Chicken and Leek Pie a go last night and it was so nice that I had to stop my kids from licking their plates :drool:
We actually agreed it tasted like Chicken Supreme without the major calories, 0 Syns on EE

For 4 good eaters, I used:
The mash:
500 g potatoes
150 ml chicken stock
some parsley
a tiny bit of ground nutmeg (optional)

Boil the potatoes, mash them, add the stock, herbs, salt, pepper, seasoning to taste and set aside
Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 - 190 C

The filling:
350 ml chicken stock
2 leeks, chopped up
350 g carrots, chopped up
150 g peas
100 g sliced mushrooms
500 g cooked chicken
salt and pepper
tarragon (optional)

Place the ingredients in a pot and let simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, until carrots and leeks have softened,
Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste
Transfer the filling into a pie dish/oven-proof dish
Spread the mash evenly over the top, I actually used a beaten egg spread onto the mash for some extra browning
Bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until the mash (+egg) turns nice and golden
Serve with vegetables of choice and ENJOY!

Last edited:
I thought I'd give the SW Chicken and Leek Pie a go last night and it was so nice that I had to stop my kids from licking their plates :drool:
We actually agreed it tasted like Chicken Supreme without the major calories

For 4 good eaters, I used:
The mash:
500 g potatoes
150 ml chicken stock
some parsley
a tiny bit of ground nutmeg (optional)

Boil the potatoes, mash them, add the stock, herbs, salt, pepper, seasoning to taste and set aside
Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 - 190 C

The filling:
350 ml chicken stock
2 leeks, chopped up
350 g carrots, chopped up
150 g peas
100 g sliced mushrooms
500 g cooked chicken
salt and pepper
tarragon (optional)

Place the ingredients in a pot and let simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, until carrots and leeks have softened,
Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste
Transfer the filling into a pie dish/oven-proof dish
Spread the mash evenly over the top, I actually used a beaten egg spread onto the mash for some extra browning
Bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until the mash (+egg) turns nice and golden
Serve with vegetables of choice and ENJOY!

This sound yum.Thanks for posting

I will be trying this :)

I did this yesterday and found if you mix a little bit of smash into the chicken mix it thickens the stock like a gravy... we also use our cheesey healthy extra on top xx

Gonna try the pie on Monday xx sounds delicious x

Wow - just made this (it's in the oven now). There's loads of it!! I reckon 6 portions with side veggies - or 4 generous portions if that's all we're having. Looks and smells delicious!!

I had defrosted some chicken and didn't know what to do with it, now I do :) And neither hubs nor the wee one will suspect that it's healthy!

I made this tonight and it was gorgeous! I added some philadelphia to make it really creamy and used instant potatoes for quickness. And yes, I did lick the plate lol

Back