Chick Pea Check ....

I think I've read on another forum that the official line from slimming world is that if you're not using the ingredient for what it is intended then it's no longer sin free - so roasting chick peas or making lasagne doritos would mean you'd have to count them as sins.

I think I've read on another forum that the official line from slimming world is that if you're not using the ingredient for what it is intended then it's no longer sin free - so roasting chick peas or making lasagne doritos would mean you'd have to count them as sins.

God I hope not! :cry: I have made these chickpea "nuts" loads of times and I love them. I'll ask tomorrow night at class about them xx

Interesting point there Jenny... I've been told lots of times that they are free but I'm sure the other guys will be able to clarify.

Smigget - make sure you season them, can use salt and pepper or chilli powder etc x

well, if they're free or not, I don't mind now as I tried them once and shant be doing so again (lol) - thing is, if chick peas aren't free because they're not been used for what they are intended (ie: baked in the oven for a likeness to peanuts), then why are SW chips syn free, as they too are a product (potato) that has been baked in the oven and made into something different (chips)...??? A good point..???

Good point smigget. I can't say that I understand the chick pea issue either or the lasagne doritos? Doesn't really make sense?

What do roasted chick peas taste like?

Peanuts? lol

Ruthy xxx

There a bit like soya buts if you've tried them. I think you either love them or hate them. What are lasagne doritos????

cooked Lasagna sheets cut into dorito shapes, then season and bake, not sure for how long as I have never made them but have heaerd good things about them

x

Lasagne doritos are good - boil the sheets, then cut into triangles and bake on a tray with fry light for a few minutes until crispy. The official line from slimming world on the doritos is that they have to be counted as sins as the pasta is baked. Free foods are calculated not only on their nutritional value, but also on how filling they are. If lasagne or i assume chick peas are baked then you would eat a whole lot more of them than you would usually as they wouldn't fill you up as much.

Potatoes stay sin free because it doesn't matter whether you cut them into chip shapes, mash them or bake them, ultimately it's still the same consistency and as filling when you eat them.

Hmm interesting
Ruthy xxx

Ruthy every time I log in you have a diff piccie! you obviously need to come to work with me to do some work! LOL!

Im off work at the moment, i went into anaphylaxis at work and when they done tests on me they found out i was allergic to latex(hence i cant eat many fruits because there is cross-reactvity and im atopic), which is a bit of a bummer when you work in theatre where you and everyone else wears latex! eeak!
So im waiting for re-deployment to another department.
Hope i get something soon because im BORED BORED BORED!

Ruthy xxx

I asked tonight at class and they are FREE! Thats only good news if ya like them lol.
I lost 5lb

OMg well done on your fab loss!!

whooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ruthy ;)

OMG Ruthy! you poor thing!! how are you now? what kind of company do you work for that you have a theatre department, that sounds fab! (well aside from being sick of course!!!)

x

Im off work at the moment, i went into anaphylaxis at work and when they done tests on me they found out i was allergic to latex(hence i cant eat many fruits because there is cross-reactvity and im atopic), which is a bit of a bummer when you work in theatre where you and everyone else wears latex! eeak!
So im waiting for re-deployment to another department.
Hope i get something soon because im BORED BORED BORED!

Ruthy xxx

Hope you're Ok Ruthy...... can I just say you dont do anything by halves do you!? xxx

Back