Red Day Chicken Cacciatore in this months magazine

teresa32uk

Silver Member
Tonight me and the family had this for tea and it was wonderful, the bacon adds to the really rich tomato sauce well and there was loads of sauce left. Which I will not be wasting, I think with some pasta tomorrow this will make a lovely extra easy meal. I have put the recipe below for all to enjoy and i think you all will.

Fry Light
Salt and Ground Black Pepper
4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
12 Bacon Rashes, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 sticks of celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4fl oz chicken stock
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 bay leaves
handful of basil leaves

Fry seasoned chicken until golden, transfer to large pan.
Spray frying pan add the bacon and fry for 2 mins. Stir in garlic, onion, celery and carrot cook for 6-8 mins or until the onion is tender.
Add the onion mixture to the chicken. Stir in the stock, tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until chicken cooked.
Serve garnished with basil.

I had this with steamed green beans and i admit i did not use the bay leaves or basil. But this is a truly yummy easy recipe. I hope you all enjoy.

I made this last week, have to agree it is really yummy and will definately be making it again, I also served it with green beans as well as a few new potatoes.

This sounds delicious - going to try it tonight - thanks! x

we had this last night for the second time and I have just had the leftovers for lunch.

I did tweak it a little second time round as we like a little more spice, so I added some balsamic vinegar and some crushed and powdered chilli to give it an extra kick.

Still good without though

I have made this - had loads of liquid / celery / onions and toms left over after the chicken had gone and I have just had it as a soup for my lunch... twas nice! ;)

Back