Chicken Casserole - a REAL winter warmer!

Maximus

Gold Member
I batched up some earlier in the week and transferred it into foil containers with the lids (like the Chinese and Indian takeaways).

Today I was out in the ice-cold Teesdale hills on a 7.5 mile ramble - before travelling home a quick call ahead arranged to have them put in the oven and piping hot on my return.

Normally I'd say chicken casserole is just chicken casserole. When frozen to the bone and in need of some serious comfort food (all syn-free on red too) it has finished my weekend off just nicely and I've got that lovely glow all over now lol.

Hey,

anyone know an extra easy cauliflower cheese that isn't high in sins!

Not directly queen, but I'd imagine using either Quark or laughing cow triangles (as extra-easy) there would be some way of making it.

It might take a bit of trial and error though, all part of the fun;)

Steve, do you happen to still have the recipe for this?

Sorry, im in Florida :cool: and not looking at all parts of the forum so much.

Well it was basic casserole mix really, onion, carrot, potatoes (preferably new with skin left on - small ones or halved/quartered) you can substitute leeks/shallots for onion and add peas. I also throw in mushrooms too as they just work with chicken - every time.

I prefer chicken breasts but thighs can be used of course. You can use a casserole mix or better make your own chicken stock, or even veg stock - bang it in the oven until you can't resist the smell anymore;)

Back