Chicken confuddlement

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello!!

Potential (re)newbie here, just doing some research before taking the plunge once again! (have been calorie counting since January 2012 and lost just over 2 stone but following Slimming World for a short time in 2010)

I ALWAYS thought that wafer thin ham/chicken (particularly chicken as I’m not a fan of the ham!) was totally syn-free and had factored this into my potential plan as one of my major snack foods (love fruit and veges in and with meals but not too fond them as snacks!) – however have just googled/minimins’ed it and apparently it should be synned!!?? Arrghh I’m devastated (slightly dramatic, but hey..this is food we’re talking about!!!)

Could anyone shed any further light? The only posts I can find are from 2009.. xx

This is one of those moments when you need to look at the back of the packet and see exactly what the ingredients are. (For those of us no longer in the first flush of youth, this sometimes requires a magnifying glass!!) Look out for added starches and fillers, or possibly oils or fats. If it is pure ham/chicken, or maybe with some added water, that's fine.

Hello ladies - thank you so much!! Just to let you know I am now a fully fledged SW'er! Also, did my chicken research (looked like a crazy chicken lady trawling the isles of Morrisons!) but managed to find some that I think is OK....and cheap (bonus!). Morrisons saver chicken pieces is only £1.80 for a huge tub of chicken chunks (not wafer-thin) and it's actually quite tasty! The chicken only contains chicken and salt....which I assume makes it syn-free!?? Hoping so :) xx

Back