Chicken flavour shakes - any suggestions

BabyA

Hi all, got myself some chicken shakes today when I went to get weighed. Just had one with hot water - yuk! While the other shakes are fine this is hardly drinkable!! Has anyone tried it cold or can we add anything to it? No worries if we can't I'll just hold my nose ha ha! But just wondered what everyone else does xx

I swapped mine for chocolate at my pharmacy. Try take them back

Probably the best solution, thanks Emma! They're horrible. Don't mind any of the other shakes and thought these could be a nice change... Sadly not! Even more of a challenge when the rest of the family were sitting down to a lovely meal - never mind :) Xx

I didn't like them either I only like the chocolate shakes so just been having them xx

My sister lived on those.. Mix it up with water cold then put in pan n gently heat it.. She used ro add a lot of pepper too.. Out of a grinder. I personally didnt like it at all

I liked it with the pepper but then found out we couldn't have it so stopped having them x

Ohh.. I thought u were allowed pepper n other dried spices.. Cant remember the specifics. Although it has been 4yrs lol

So did I! Was using curry powder aswell then a member emailed lipotrim and put it on here and they said do not add anything as it can slow down weight loss or something , so now I just stick to chocolate shakes as they are actually quite nice xx

Yeah i like them too. I add coffee n ice or make it with ice cold peppermint tea. Probs.not allowed that now either but it never done me any harm

i do wish they had just a few more flavors.. i have been adding coffee to to the vanilla, i love the choc ones as well. but the soup and bars... Omg they are disgusting. more than happy to stick to anything to get the weight off but a few more flavors would be nice!

I'm with you sugarplumfairycake! Just thinking about the chicken ones makes me feel like gagging! I can manage the odd strawberry one but usually stick to chocolate and 'coffee'. Just think of them as medicine rather than food.

I was thinking of trying a chicken soup but now im thinking maybe not lol xx

Soups are a bit like marmite - love them or hate them and the only way to know it try! I hated the soups when I started but after a mix up at the pharmacy, ended up with a couple and tried one again several months in. Surprisingly it was a nice change. Mostly stuck to chocolate, but knew that I could manage one if necessary :)

I'd like to like them coz they are warm and seeing as I'm not getting on with black tea, coffee or mint tea that be great as i miss the warm feeling in my belly )0: I'm guessing your taste buds do a complete u turn on TFR so maybe ill get one next week and give it a go xxx

Glendale have you tried the choc shake with hot water ?? It's very nice x

Yeah billie I did but I tried it in blender with ice and had that twice - now I'm getting used to the taste I think I'll have a hit one in morning (0: xx

Yep love the hot ones ..... have run out of chocolate now )0: xx

I guess I am fortunate that I like the chicken soups, as much as you can like any of the shakes, cuz I definitely need the savoury. I normally have my vanilla and chocolates with coffee, hot or iced, and the strawberry blended with ice. When I tried a flapjack thought they were SO nasty but thinking I might try it in a few weeks to see if my taste buds have changed.

chicken soup with loads of black pepper choc/vanilla with hot black coffee

Having started this thread two weeks ago complaining about the chicken shakes amazingly I now really
like them. Guess I reached the stage where I needed a savoury shake, I enjoy them most at tea time when everyone else is having their meal.... so if you have any shakes you don't like, save them and try them again in a couple of weeks - you never know x

Back