chicken in a bag:-)

klmcm80

Hi ladies...have been making chicken in a bag and its tasty.syn free on ee.just thought i would share with u.its cooked in a plastic roasting bag.bacco or any shop do them.i usually use the one outta the pound shop.

2..chicken breasts
Mixed peppers
Mushrooms
Onions
Mixed veg
Diced baby potatoes
Water(teaspoon)
Cayanne pepper(teaspoon)
Chilli powder(teaspoon)
Garlic powder(teaspoon)
Cook all in the bag at 180 for 35 mins.
Pour over rice or my fav bach golden rice with cayanne pepper added whe it cooks.

A yummy and ee meal xx

You can add a spoonful of flour to thicken the sauce up at the end.
Leave the bag open for five mins at the end of cooking to let the steam out.

Sounds good to me!

made this the other day with Piri piri seasoning shake, went down so well family asked for it 3 days running :). Haven't tried it with the potatoes in I will give that a go. thanks

I love roasting bags, I use them for alsorts! Definitely going to give this a try! :D Thankyou! xx

Roasting bags

What a great idea to use your own roasting bags. I've been buying either the Maggi or Colemans bags & seasoning packet, but doing it in our own bag gives far more option and, more importantly, SYN FREE unlike the bought ones!! :p

Thank for sharing this I'm so gonna try it now when mums eating her so juicy bag of stuff I can have my syn free one

Ive just bought four steaks, and some oven bags - any ideas what kind of seasonings would work? Im really lacking inspiration at the moment :( x

Steak in a bag

Hiya, How about coarsely chopped onion (ideally red onion), garlic, peppercorns, herbs? Or grainy mustard, onion and garlic? Or a small bit of red wine with red onion, and it will caremalise? ENJOY! ;)

beckyb89 said:
Does anyone know where I can buy these bags from? I tried my pound shop and couldnt find any

You can buy them in b&m for 89p :)

I buy my roasting bags at Morrisons by the kitchen foil, section. There are 10 bags in a red packet, approx size 250mm x 380mm can't remember the price, they can also be used in the microwave.

Yep in asda kitchen foil section, b and m or just buy the colmans cook in bag sachets and use the bag..i use mustard , black pepper ounions and mixed veg with steak pieces and stock cube and a bit of natural ff yogurt to the juice to make a creamy sauce when its finished. I love cooking fish with lemon juice , garlic and dill.lovely with baby boiled and peas.x

Back