Chicken Kofte Curry with Jasmine Rice!!! YUYMMMM!!!!

missclare85

Silver Member
[h=3]This was the most delicous dinner EVERRRR tasted so naughty but was alllll good!!! It was so good i just had to share it....even if it has been shown before so here it is:

Chicken Kofta Curry with Jasmine Rice [/h]

I'm trying new recipes again and this is the latest. We loved it and plan to have it regularly.

Serves 4 and is Syn Free on EE

700g Skinless and boneless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
2tbsp mild curry powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry light
500g passata with onion and garlic
1tsp turmeric
2tbsp medium curry powder
1tsp sweetener
250ml chicken stock
1 head broccoli, broken into florets
350g jasmine rice
2 spring onions, thinly sliced

1) Put the chicken and 2tbsp mild curry powder in a food processor and season. Blend until fairly smooth then transfer into a bowl. Mix well with your hands, then shape into walnut-size balls. Place a large frying pan sprayed with fry light over a medium heat. Stir-fry the chicken balls for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
2) Add the passata, turmeric,medium curry powder, sweetener and stock to the pan. Quickly bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Season well and add the meatballs. Cover and cook gently, turning the meatballs occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
3) Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain, then stir in the spring onions.
4) Simmer the broccoli for 4-6 minutes, or until just tender, then drain. Divide the curry between 4 bowls or plates. Serve with the rice and broccoli on the side.

Hello

I made this too and loved it but wouldn't bother with the jasmine rice again, it didn't taste any different to long grain rice and I had to look in 4 different shops before I found it.

Back