Chicken Paprikash

Update - mine smelt lovely when we came home just tasted it and it tastes lovely too though the sauce is quite runny I think Jim recommends reducing it if that's the case or I may add some cornflour (just a wee bit) as I like sauce to have with the veggies!
Are you planning on making it Vicky - easy to bung in slow cooker!

Ps I really dislike celery (on a par with olives the devil's balls I call them ;)) but when you cook celery the nasty taste disappears and they don't much taste of anything mind you that's not really a reason to put them in then is it? x

Hi Susie thanks yes I looked into that but it costs almost £3 in Asda not sure I want to spend that amount so will either reduce or use tsp cornflour! x

suppose you could have without the sauce? hope all my thighs fit in my titchy slow cooker. yes im making it wednesday :D after you have all tested it for me. i havent got spring ons OR celery mine is going to be rubbish isnt it lol. where is the xanthum gum in asda?

and did you just us 1/4 cup of stock? did it cover your chicken and was it thick? lol im so nosy x

Doesn't seem like much, does it? I can't remember what I did (Vicky that was three weeks ago, I can only remember what happened this morning LOL)

I'd put as much in to cover the chicken if you want - although the grand thing I've learned about slow cookers is that the chicken doesn't dry out :)

But it wasn't thick (unlike me)...

Suze x

Well it wasn't bad. A bit salty as predicted with an aftertaste but youngest son cleared his plate which is a miracle as he's pretty fussy! Maybe proper stock next time rather than boullion and less water.

Well I got 4 clean plates in our house DD1 and DD2 loved it! Very tasty - I used 1/2 cup of chicken stock (the type you get in a pouch) and then used 1tsp of cornflour to thicken it I did use onion and celery though not sure you need to.
Will be making again!
Oh Vicky the xantham gum was beside all the "free from" stuff ie gluten free, wheat free etc - hope you find it!

Be careful with the Xanthen gum, used it to thicken the stock for gravy after I cooked a full chicken in the slow cooker last week. Used 2 or 3 tsp and you could have hung wallpaper with it lol - chicken flavoured wallpaper paste, dog would have loved it :D

(Vicky that was three weeks ago, I can only remember what happened this morning LOL
me too!!!

chicken flavoured wallpaper paste, dog would have loved it :D
and mine!

My tongue swelled up! Think I may be alergic to paprika!!
are you ok???????

im making it with stock cube stuff so will see how it goes, not fussed if not much sauce, i dont want wallpaper paste :D

Thanks for your help...ill let you know how mine is tomorrow night ;)

Less is definitely more with Xanthan Gum! I'm doing a different version of this for tea tonight.
ooh whats your different version?

omg. maybe its all the salt?

Hi all , is this suitable for induction?

Ohhh just seen the reciepe i think it is if im spare with the onion what stock does everyone use? Bullion?

Back