Chicken Paprikash

Dietkitty

Rebel without a calorie
The recipe thread says 2 tablspoons of paprika in the paprikash. I thought paprika was supposed to be quite hot? Just wanted to check as I don't want to blow everyone's mouth off lol

paprika isnt hot at all.

chilli flakes lol they are strong, actually just reminded me i have to get some paprika in.

Paprika comes in hot,sweet and smoked.So best way to see which one you have is to dip your finger in it and try a bit.
lorna x

Paprika isn't hot, but you don't need alot of it. Too much of it can ruin a meal, and turn it quite metallicy tasting

come on then.....how was it?

I've just made mine and switched on. I used Bouliion and it was a bit thick despite following the directions so added a little more water but I am cooking for 5 today so there's a lot of chicken in there. Also added 2 large spring onions instead of a normal onion to save on carbs but only used 2 sticks of celery as I don't like it and wasn't quite sure if a 'stalk' was the same as a stick ;)
I think I may have inhaled some of the paprika, my nose feels a little sneezy!!

oh no!!! are you using slow cooker? does the stock need to cover the chicken?

i dont want the sauce watery though or do we just chuck it lol. yeah chuck some chilli in and some garlic ;)

Back