Chicken Soup made with the stock of the chicken pieces

alsbaby

I made chicken soup from drumsticks and thighs but before i boiled them i removed all the skin and trimmed the fat, I also have the special jug that has the spout at the bottom so if there was any remaining fat it goes to the top. My question is would my soup be free if using the homemade stock and i also put a knorr stock cube in, are these still free?? Thank in advance for any replies

Pos bird, the soup i made was a really simple one. I just skinned some chicken drumsticks and thighs and then cut off the excess fat if there is any. I left a little longer than needed to cook the meat cos i wanted to get a richer stock from the bones too. Take the peices from the pan and let the stock cool. I invested in a jug with the spout at the bottom from betterware cos if there is any fat left it goes to the top and not into the nozzle,it also has a plastic lid with holes too so you dont get anything you dont want in the soup ( bit of bone). You could just put the stock in the fridge until cold and then take it off with a spoon if there is any. I shredded the chicken and added some carrot, lots of leek, couple hands full of rice and a knorr chicken stock cube and pepper. Now my soup is very simple but oh so tasty but you could add whatever veg you wish. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Back