Chicken tikka???

BikiniBody2013

Are we allowed chicken tikka from Indian takeaway as our 100g of chicken??
Thinking of having it tonight with my curry pack. I not can have normal chicken with it x

I'm pretty sure that would be a no - what is the tikka made from? how is it cooked? It'll likely be up in calories if it's not also up in carbs :)

Nope. It probably has oils in/on it whilst cooking. Plus there will be sugar in the sauce. If you are going to have something it'll be better to have that than anything else.

No not the sauce just the dry chicken tikka meat, I'm sure I saw on one of the threads that someone had it. It's only chicken and spices isn't it?

It's still a sauce though, it just gets dried when they cook it. It's really up to you, you might be ok. All depends on whether you want to risk it really. I tend to but I know that I don't get knocked out of ketosis easily, some others do.

Just been looking online and can't find any decent nutritional info on it, varies massively. It will have carbs in it where as plain chicken won't but I wouldn't think it was more then 4-8g based on what I've seen.

I couldn't find anything on it. I'm really going for a good loss this week so i won't chance it this time. Just gonna cook a plain piece of chicken and have my curry pack with it.
Thanks for your help x

The flavour would probably be lost in the curry too unfortunately!

I'm cooking my chicken now to have with my curry pack. x x x

Good choice :) I love adding chicken and mushroom to the curry, really bulks it out.

I often have chicken tikka now that I'm at goal as it's definitely the best choice in an Indian from a weight maintenance point of view. However, one thing to watch out for whilst on the diet is that it's likely to contain citric acid (from lemons/limes) which could knock you out of ketosis.

Back