Chicken?

nyssa88

Silver Member
I'm waiting for my first s&s packs to arrive today and I'm doing the 3 a day so know I should have 100g of chicken breast aswell.

I was wondering if the frozen chicken breast pieces from Iceland would be ok or should it be fresh? Just didn't know if they add anything to the frozen pieces that could kick me out of ketosis? Thanks

I suspect it's ok. Perhaps check the ingredients on e pack?

Added sugar (if so check the carbohydrate content overall to see if low). Any fruit such as lemon (seems unlikely though!). Citric acid - can knock you out of ketosis. That's all I can think of...

Probably citric acid, sugar?

I use frozen breasts from Asda,farmfoods,Aldi and fresh breasts also use Asda's cooked chicken breast(the hot and spicy,chinese and tikka ) sliced 200g pack split between me and OH had a good look on the back and seems safe enough carbs/calorie wise and there isn't any nasties.

You can also use turkey, a tin of tuna(100g) in spring water and a tin of salmon 100g again.

sorry Weasey didn't see your reply there didnt refresh page grrr

I'm using frozen chicken pieces from asda currently. The uncooked stuff as well as the cooked one. Haven't noticed a problem with either.

Can you have tuna :O Lovin that with some pepper and cucumber!!!! :D xxx

Hi, I think that prawns are very high in carbohyrates - just seem to have that in my mind from somewhere

Hi, I think that prawns are very high in carbohyrates - just seem to have that in my mind from somewhere

Prawns have no carbs - they are high in cholesterol. There used to be a school of thought that eating foods high in cholesterol, like eggs, may raise cholesterol levels and should be eaten in limited quantities but that theory seems to have been disproven over the years. Prawns are actually a really good ketogenic food. I have them instead of chicken or white fish when it takes my fancy :)

I use Asda ready cooked frozen but yuck had two packs and quite a few bits of nasty chicken pieces that have actually put me off eating it!

BordersGirl said:
Prawns have no carbs - they are high in cholesterol. There used to be a school of thought that eating foods high in cholesterol, like eggs, may raise cholesterol levels and should be eaten in limited quantities but that theory seems to have been disproven over the years. Prawns are actually a really good ketogenic food. I have them instead of chicken or white fish when it takes my fancy :)

Yummy prawns I've never ate them without some kind of sauce poured over them!

thanks so much for that BG - obivously had something in my brain, and it began with the same letter hahahahah.
I love seafood, well next week I will start on the veggies and bits and bats of chicken etc. I am SOOOOOOO proud that I stuck to this through 5 days away with the girls - cant wait til Monday weigh in, although I am tempted tomorrow.
Love salmon (fresh) and chicken too so this will all be an adventure next week.
Julia

The Asda chicken I've had has been really quite good. You must have more dodgy chickens down in Kent ;)

BordersGirl said:
The Asda chicken I've had has been really quite good. You must have more dodgy chickens down in Kent ;)

We must have lol , I bagged them up think I had 4 or 5 portions in a sandwich bag, at least one bag had a dodgy bit lol

Must admit dodgy bits would put me off too.

Back