Chickpea Peanuts

Ste-leigh90

Hi Everyone,

Im new to slimming world, and me and my mum are doing it on our own as it is expensive with the classes etc so will be posting on here for tips and support really....think its brilliant that there is a website like this to help us all through it :D

So my first question is:

I have seen the way of making chickpea peanuts and would like to give it a go as I think someone said they are free....just wanted to know how long they keep for, and if there are any flavourings I should avoid to keep them as low syn as possible?

Thanks for any suggestions

I answered on the very old thread but they are not free. Using a free food is different way such as this would make them too easy to overeat and are therefore not free.

Sorry i didnt realise the date on that other thread....how would i find out the syn value per, say, 100g?

You would syn them as if they were on a red day, as beans and pulses aren't free on red.100g canned chickpeas on red is 5.5 syns

Hi

So if you are doing EE they would be free?

But if you roast them to munch on like peanuts they are not - is that correct?

Do you know how many syns they are if you roast them?

They are only Free onn EE if uses in their natural way. Roasting them is a tweak and you need to syn them. Sorry :-(

Hi

Yes, if you use them as chickpeas are meant to be used like in a curry.

Yes, if you use them in a different way to how they are normally eaten then this is food abuse and means they have a syn value.

The syn value is given in the reply you quoted - 5.5 syns for 100g if used as chick pea peanuts.

Hope that helps :)

Hi

No if you are on any plan and roast them to eat like peanuts you syn them as above. If you use them as they are supposed to be used they are free on ee or green. On red however they are used you syn as above.

How do u make them?

Back