Child Benefit Frozen

Heaven

Is this just for people earning over £40,000 of for EVERYONE? :(:(:(

Child benefit will be frozen for the next three years, the chancellor announced in his Budget today.
It was included in a raft of measures announced by George Osborne to tackle the costs of tax credits and also included a policy to reduce credits for families earning more than £40,000 a year

I read it as families earning over 40.000, but it isn't that clear.

xxx

So will those recieving child benifit still get it, it just wont increase?

and whats this about no new baby grant and pregnancy benifit?!!!

Yep everyone still gets it but it won't increase like it does each year now though that's not a huge loss because it was always quite a small increase.

I didn't hear about the baby stuff sorry. If it's the £250 (?) new babies get now then I don't see it will make a big difference. That money has to go into an account for the child it's not for buying stuff for baby iirc.

That £250 for new babies was discussed a few weeks ago not in today's budget.

'The Government announced on 24 May 2010 that it intends to reduce, and then stop, Child Trust payments. The changes will need legislation to be passed by Parliament. This means that the current CTF rules will apply until then.'

Irene xx

I always thought these were particularly silly anyway. Especially now with the way the recession has gone. The last two annual statements my girls have got have shown a fairly significant deficit on the initial investment. I am quite glad I havent added to it.

does anyone know if the £150 increase to the child element of tax credits per child or per family? I have four children so if its per child it would make quite a significant increase for me

Lesleyxx

Back