Childish and Pathetic!

Truth0406

Last night was an interesting one for me.

I have been craving fish and chips for about 3 days now. Yesterday evening the craving was so bad - it really affected me emotionally. I was *****y, angry, upset. I would snap at anyone who tried to talk to me!! At one point I was out the front door on my way to go and get some, when I thought about the 3lbs I want to lose this week. I turned around and sulked in front of the TV. It is unbelievable how this want for fish and chips made me feel. I threw a childish food tantrum! Actually, it worried me slightly that I got this pathetic over food.

I am glad I didn’t cave in. I looked at pretty clothes online and made up ‘target outfits’. I am over it now.

Last night was an interesting one for me.

I have been craving fish and chips for about 3 days now. Yesterday evening the craving was so bad - it really affected me emotionally. I was *****y, angry, upset. I would snap at anyone who tried to talk to me!! At one point I was out the front door on my way to go and get some, when I thought about the 3lbs I want to lose this week. I turned around and sulked in front of the TV. It is unbelievable how this want for fish and chips made me feel. I threw a childish food tantrum! Actually, it worried me slightly that I got this pathetic over food.

I am glad I didn’t cave in. I looked at pretty clothes online and made up ‘target outfits’. I am over it now.

Very well done for not giving in to that powerful urge!!:D

I think it's okay to throw a tantrum sometimes as it can help us really gain strength when we see the hold food can have over us :rolleyes:. All credit to you and you should feel really proud of yourself!! :clap:

Isis x :)

Well done hon, and I am sure you will lose that much deserved 3 pounds this week!! The fish and chips would have only made you feel horrid and bloated anyway..
Hang in there your doing great xxx

You should feel really really proud of yourself. If it were me heading out the door to get those fish and chips, I would not have turned back as I just wouldnt have found the willpower. Good on you :D

Thank you. I know in the moment I would have felt better eating the fish and chips, but today I feel better for not doing that. I need to remember the temporary satisfaction food gives. I'm going to get more long term satisfaction out of the pretty new clothes I will be able to fit into haha

Hi Hon if you had caved in the 3lb would have more that certainly been a gain. You did the right thing by inspring yourself with nice things.

I haven't really craved anything though i have been SS+ most of my journey so i tend to just be satisfied, though this week i am gonna SS all week as we have a party next saturday and i will be going and want to look my best, although i will be driving and drinking soda water with ice, the adrenalin rush i get from the nice comment is a better feeling than any alcoholic rush i have ever had. There will be lots of people there who haven't seen me since i started on this journey so i am excited too.

Well done you get a gold star for abstinence hon, you will look back and be glad you resisted.

Muchas Lovas

JS xxx

Truth - well done on resisting! I have never had a temptation that strong yet and I am dreading it. I hope I can do the same as you when the time comes and not give in.

Jimmy - hope you enjoy your party!

Haha, I've had a tantrum like that as well when my bf wouldnt bring me chocolate! Was glad the next morning though!

I was a right little ***** haha I snapped at everyone! Is quite funny looking back on it, but during - I was ready to put my fist through the wall...I even punched the sofa about 4 times!! I just have to focus on January 14th. My Fiance has never seen me under 225lbs, so looking forward to blowing him away when he comes to meet me at the airport! YAY! Plus he has agreed to have Engagement photos taken when I get back to Canada, so need to stay focused - the more I lose, the more confident I will feel and the better I will look in the photos! YAY!

Brilliant you didnt cave in to the food!!! It REALLY can get you down though been there done it

I think ive had 3 major BAD food attacks in almost 6 months on CD. Each time ive gone upstairs to bed...one time was around 6.pm!!!!!!!!!!!! i HAD to..otherwise the food would have got it :D

Im better these days looool :D

Just laughed my head off as I have done exactly the same in my time and know exactly how you felt. Even mid-tantrum you know how unreasonable you're being but you just can't help it :eek:

Well done for resisting

xx

Hi Truth, my advice is when you feel like that jump on our forum,it always inspires you, distracts you or comforts you that you are not alone, I'm on here now as Mr T having his usual sunday supping session, and in 2 seconds I'll go down feeling like a saint and so glad I've done this diet for almost 11 weeks. x

I just had my apple and cinnamon porridge while the family ate their Sunday dinners!! Spoke to my fiance before dinner, so was pretty focused. I might be living on this site at least for the next few weeks haha Just started my 4th litre of water of the day. It's been a good day today haha

Back