Chilli Con Carne Pack

Hi ,
My LLC told me they were going to replace the thia soup with curry soup,don't know when though!

Sexy xx

yep thats right sexychick

Such a shame because the thia soup is my favorite,will have to get a stock in before it goes lol.

Sexy xx

Oh noooo! The Thai soup is my fave too! Typical!

Yup, will have to stock up then! ;)

xx

were getting spicy curry, minestrone, shepherds pie and a crispy choc bar with little rice krispies in, was at meeting tonight and my llc is expecting hers in 31st jan. xx

i know!!!
just tried the mushroom soup again........... nah not for me, ended up with a massive amount of pepper in. i think ive just had a black peppercorn soup with a hint of mushroom lol. i will not waste a food pack haha xx

were getting spicy curry, minestrone, shepherds pie and a crispy choc bar with little rice krispies in, was at meeting tonight and my llc is expecting hers in 31st jan. xx
Sounds great... but I'm curious as to peoples opinions on how they're gonna do this shepherds pie exactly?! 2 small packs, one with the brown bit, and one with the top?! :confused:

xx

Imho, there will be no white bit..... this is LL remember, so it will be like the chili but with shepherds pie flavour. Aka lovely dried soya, perhaps a few dried peas and fake carrots ..... but im loving the chili so it will probably rock!!!

J
xx

Aww!! But I want the white bit!! Lol... ;)

I think I read on the 'recipe sticky', something about making shepherds pie out of the chilli packs and the porridge! Not tried that one myself, mind you! :eek:

xx

Seriously!! Lol... You're not wrong! Mind you, I'm getting desperate for a bit of variety, so haven't completely written that one off!!

I'm not ready for it just yet though! ;)

xx

I have wondered what the porridge would taste like if changed to a savoury dish - kind of like loose, wet polenta - but have not been brave enough to salt and pepper it yet.....but might one day. :D

I did create something rather tasty the other day though - and that is "LL Cheesecake" :D

I reccomend this - I toasted a peanut bar until lightly browned and slightly carmelised - crumbled into little peices, lightly salted to bring out the flavour, and then pressed into a 6" Tapas dish to form a base.

Then mixed up a pack with Mousse Mix, poured it on top, chilled till set and enjoyed!

Was really good!! Also made a strawberry one using a Raspberry Cranberry bar and Strawberry pack. Also good. Have made "Mocha" and "Lemon" and "Chocolate Mint" as well.

It is fun to play around with the packs - especially when yuo love to cook almost as much as you love to eat! :D

xx

(Jez - so sorry I have not replied to you - its hit and miss with me here these days, and my time management and organisation skills leave something to be desired lately! Hope to see you down on the coast soon though! xxxx ;) )

OMG!! Your LL Cheesecake sounds just amazing! All the varieties you've mentioned... you're so clever!

I seem to struggle with the mousse mix, it just doesn't seem to set! Tried twice now, and am nervous to try again, as each time it ends up as a wasted pack... it just goes all bitty and have to chuck it away! :(

Think I'm using too much water? I use 200mls, and 2 flat teaspoons of mousse mix... and then blend it with a hand blender for a good 90 secs! Any tips?

Will save your suggestion above though, to my on-going recipe doc! Cheers again! :)

xx

Pinkie :) said:
OMG!! Your LL Cheesecake sounds just amazing! All the varieties you've mentioned... you're so clever!

I seem to struggle with the mousse mix, it just doesn't seem to set! Tried twice now, and am nervous to try again, as each time it ends up as a wasted pack... it just goes all bitty and have to chuck it away! :(

Think I'm using too much water? I use 200mls, and 2 flat teaspoons of mousse mix... and then blend it with a hand blender for a good 90 secs! Any tips?

Will save your suggestion above though, to my on-going recipe doc! Cheers again! :)

xx

Yes pinkie try using 1 heap & 1 half heaped not flat,works perfect for me,then I put it in the freezer sets quicker 10-15 mins!

Sexy xx

Ps

Cheesecake sounds delish Blonde Logic!

Last edited:
Yes pinkie try using 1 heap & 1 half heaped not flat,works perfect for me,then I put it in the freezer sets quicker 10-15 mins!

Sexy xx

Ps

Cheesecake sounds delish Blonde Logic!
Ooh, brill! Thanks... I'll do that! Cheers sexychick! :D

xx

Yum - I want the cheesecake now !!!

:eating:

Cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake!! Sounds delish BL, will have to try some... but here is the problem, I have no mousse mix, and wasnt planning on buying any as I am only on full packs for such a short time...Anybody out there fancy posting me a few teaspoons????? Failing this however, not sure what the postal service would make of powder in a letter, I shall wait till i RTM to try it and make it with a shake set with gelatine.

J
xx

Back