Chilli Con Carne Pack

Another thought here, sorry cheffy brain going overtime... if you were to mix 2 packs, perhaps, the porridge with a soup pack, would be kinda like polentary risotto??? Would have to do it half and half a pack if you like the 4 packs, if not I suppose you could make 2 full packs and have a "supersize"

J
xx

Cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake!! Sounds delish BL, will have to try some... but here is the problem, I have no mousse mix, and wasnt planning on buying any as I am only on full packs for such a short time...Anybody out there fancy posting me a few teaspoons????? Failing this however, not sure what the postal service would make of powder in a letter, I shall wait till i RTM to try it and make it with a shake set with gelatine.

J
xx
I have an empty fruit flavour pot I can use, to send you some if you'd like? It'd be my pleasure! pm me your address J... :)

Oh, I asked about the new shepherds pie pack tonight, and my LLc said she thought it would only be for people on management, as it was so much like real food... :confused:

She confuses me sometimes though, so I take some of what she says with a pinch of salt tbh... ;)

/Hope she doesn't belong to minimins! Lol...

xx

Sounds awesome Pinks!! Will pm you the addy. Re the Shepherds Pie, I spoke to my LLC tonight and he said it was a normal pack and would be similar to the chili as we thought tonight, so who knows??? It is a mystery, we shall have to wait and see at the end of the month, if we get them before you do Ill post you some to try!!

J
xx

Sounds like a plan J! :)

Ah, well, I'd be inclined to go with what your LLC says tbh... I really am doubting mine a bit at the mo... don't have a lot of faith in her... which is a shame, and a bit annoying...

xx

Got it... cheers hun... :)

xx

Hey pinki. With regard to the mousse, use a chilled glass or spagetti bowl (so u get a thin long surface) then 200mls of cold water. Put the pack in then 2 level tsps of 'gunk' then blend it together. Don't blend the pack and then the gunk. U still occassionally get chewy bits, but it's the best way I have found to do it. I have given up on choc mousse though, doesn't work well at all

Mel x

Hey pinki. With regard to the mousse, use a chilled glass or spagetti bowl (so u get a thin long surface) then 200mls of cold water. Put the pack in then 2 level tsps of 'gunk' then blend it together. Don't blend the pack and then the gunk. U still occassionally get chewy bits, but it's the best way I have found to do it. I have given up on choc mousse though, doesn't work well at all

Mel x
Ooooohhh!! Ok, I was totally adding the gunk to an already blended pack!! Doh!

It never occurred to me to put the pack powder and gunk in together, and then blend!! Lol... No doubt that works better, why didn't I think of that?!

Oh, and have only tried it with the choc, so that's interesting that you say it's the problematic one! Will try with a straw one this week, grabbed one for the first time to try, as don't really like artificial strawberry flavour normally...

Great, will defo do it that way... brilliant, thank you so much Mel! :)

xx

hi all,
my advice is NEVER attempt the shepherd's pie made with one chilli pack and one porridge pack under any circumstances!!! :D

sooooooooooo horrible. the porridge has so much sweetener - it honestly made me gag and i'm normally very inventive and experimental with the packs!! it was my worst experience in 20 weeks :D

my favourite thing at the moment is a coffee mousse, which tastes like creme caramel. vanilla pack, mousse mix and a spoon of coffee. quite basic - you're all probably doing it already - but it's amazing.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all,
my advice is NEVER attempt the shepherd's pie made with one chilli pack and one porridge pack under any circumstances!!! :D

sooooooooooo horrible. the porridge has so much sweetener - it honestly made me gag and i'm normally very inventive and experimental with the packs!! it was my worst experience in 20 weeks :D

my favourite thing at the moment is a coffee mousse, which tastes like creme caramel. vanilla pack, mousse mix and a spoon of coffee. quite basic - you're all probably doing it already - but it's amazing.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
:8855:Well, that's certainly saved me experimenting with the DIY shepherds pie then!! Total respect to you for trying it though! Lol...

Will try that mousse for sure, sounds very good... Have gone off the vanilla shake violently, but will get some next WI to do your mousse recipe with...

Like you, I experiment with packs quite a bit as need some more variety desperately! Think your coffee mousse will be just the ticket! Thank yoooou! :D

xx

Yes the coffee mousse is very nice,that's the one I have!

Sexy xx

I love the CCC.

I make it thin, like soup with S&P and LOTS of Tabasco. Makes it like a spicy bean soup. Its my new favourite.

No so keen on it thick.

:)

Oh that sounds so much better than thick and gloopy (shudder) - how much water do you add? Thanks for the tip, Dx

YUK YUK YUK! had to throw it way, couldnt eat it! (chilli con carne):yuk:

Will defo make the coffee mousse and cheese cake!:D

Last edited:
Me too, Jules - it's a nice change from soups/shakes.

Back