Chilli Thickening?

Bimbie Finn

Hi all im hoping to make a chilli 2nite on the extra easy plan and was wondering how to thicken the sauce/gravy without using to many syns if not syn free.
Thanks in advance :)

Sprinkle in a little instant mash, its works wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We use it all the time to thicken sauces, stews etc. I promise, you won't taste it either.

I don't do slimming world so I don't know anything about syn values but red lentils are a great way to thicken chilli, or some porridge oats. Neither will affect the flavour either.

You don't need to simmer or reduce or syn stuff or use mashed potato or anything if you use Tesco organic passata, 89p a jar, it's AWESOME and so delicious. Don't buy those watery cartons. Tesco organic passata is the only thing I use. Make it extra chunky by draining a can of chopped tomatoes and adding the tomato and discarding (or drinking) the juice.

Thanks everyone for the replies i did try using the mashed potatoe which was quite nice, Vixxster i will try the Tesco organic passata next time and see how i go with that :)
xx

Back