Chinese Curry (take away style)

misskiki

Okay so I haven't been able to find a Chinese style curry. I got this recipe Online and changed it to suit Slimming World :)

Chinese Curry:
Serves 3
500ml of beef stock (I used 2 cubes)
1 1/4 tsps Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of ginger
2tbs Plain flour (7 syns)
Salt (to taste)
1 tsp of chilli powder (medium)
2 tsp mild curry powder
1tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
Fry Light

Method:
Mix flour and curry powder in a bowl.
Spray loads (and I mean loads, as much as you can) of Fry Light in a wok or pan and heat. Add ginger,garlic,salt,paprika and chilli powder to the Fry Light and mix well.
Remove from heat and add a little of the stock and stir in well. Continue adding stock in stages and mix well until lump free.
Put back on the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1-2 mins.

This sauce isn't too watery but it isn't thick either :) I thought it was delicious :D Sorry I haven't got a Picture I forgot to take one will take on next time I make it :)

Sounds yummy - but if you start spraying Fry Light 'as much as you can' you may as well make it decent and use extra virgin olive oil tbh. Only 2 syns per tsp (or HEX it) - and as you've got 7 syns of flour in there already you may as well.

It's a pain to fry spices etc with Fry Light as you need so much and it always sticks/burns - but if you're using 20, 30, 40+ sprays you're using 20, 30, 40+ cals (at one cal per spray) - and whilst it is in theory 'free' I dont think they mean you to use the entire bottle :D

40 sprays of Fry Light is the equivalent of 1 tsp of oil, so once I start needing this many sprays I just resort to using good old extra virgin. :)

Sounds yummy - but if you start spraying Fry Light 'as much as you can' you may as well make it decent and use extra virgin olive oil tbh. Only 2 syns per tsp (or HEX it) - and as you've got 7 syns of flour in there already you may as well.

It's a pain to fry spices etc with Fry Light as you need so much and it always sticks/burns - but if you're using 20, 30, 40+ sprays you're using 20, 30, 40+ cals (at one cal per spray) - and whilst it is in theory 'free' I dont think they mean you to use the entire bottle :D

40 sprays of Fry Light is the equivalent of 1 tsp of oil, so once I start needing this many sprays I just resort to using good old extra virgin. :)

yes I didn't use that many however when I made it a second time i used the syns for the oil as I had no fry light at the time and it did work better So I would suggest using the extra virgin olive oil :D that would make it 9syns between 3 people or 3syns each :) I have a pic but can't put it up right now will be adding it tomorrow :) x Oh and what did you think of it?

Not tried it yet but I will soon. This might sound a bit mad but would it go with chips? I do love normal curry but I reeeeeelly miss good old chip shop curry sauce :eek: I dont eat Chinese so dont really know what Chinese curry tastes like.

I made this as part of my dinner today. I had it with actifry chips.

As I was making it I did need the Hexb oil. Once made it's a dark colour (I used 2 oxo cubes) similar to gravy. When I tasted it on its own I didn't think it was that great but once poured over chips it was lovely. My 8 year old son who hates curry even finished the leftovers.

I know it shouldn't matter but I wonder if using a chicken oxo would change the colour to be more like the takeaway.

I'll definitely be making it again and adding chicken, peas and onions to make a full curry.

:)

Sounds great will give it a go - curry and wine are my vices, this would sort out one of those lol thanx for posting recipe x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made this as part of my dinner today. I had it with actifry chips.

As I was making it I did need the Hexb oil. Once made it's a dark colour (I used 2 oxo cubes) similar to gravy. When I tasted it on its own I didn't think it was that great but once poured over chips it was lovely. My 8 year old son who hates curry even finished the leftovers.

I know it shouldn't matter but I wonder if using a chicken oxo would change the colour to be more like the takeaway.

I'll definitely be making it again and adding chicken, peas and onions to make a full curry.

:)

Okay so haven't got a pic up yet as my laptop broke, (using a friends atm) anyway, I tried it with chicken stock cube and it tasted fine and the colour was more curry like :) I also had it with healthy chips and thought it went well :)

Not tried it yet but I will soon. This might sound a bit mad but would it go with chips? I do love normal curry but I reeeeeelly miss good old chip shop curry sauce :eek: I dont eat Chinese so dont really know what Chinese curry tastes like.

hey :) so my mam made this curry and it tastes exactly like mac donalds chip shop curry (the one you buy in the packet).

Chicken dopiaza

Ingrediants: (serves 4)
4 large onions
4 garlic cloves
4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
A handful of fresh corriander (think she used the dried stuff)
Fry Light
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
397ml chicken stock
400g chopped tomatoes
very low fat natural yogurt to serve.

Method:
1. Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. reserving 4sprigs of coriander for garnish, finely chop the remaining coriander.

2.Spray a large non-stick frying pan with fry light. Cook the spices over a low heat for about 30 seconds. Add the onions and spices for 3-4mins. Next, add the garlic and chicken to the pan, and season well.

3.Add the stock and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook for 30mins, or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve the dopiaza garnished with a sprig of coriander and a bowl of very low-fat natural yogurt topped with chopped coriander.

She got this from a slimming world magazine :)

I use mayflower curry sauce 4 sins per serving I use chicken strips onion and peas and it tastes like real Chinese curry xx sorry get sauce mix from farm food £1 a pack and it does 3 curries but I make for family not for I and it does me 3 times

Agnes

Okay so I haven't been able to find a Chinese style curry. I got this recipe Online and changed it to suit Slimming World :)

Chinese Curry:
Serves 3
500ml of beef stock (I used 2 cubes)
1 1/4 tsps Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of ginger
2tbs Plain flour (7 syns)
Salt (to taste)
1 tsp of chilli powder (medium)
2 tsp mild curry powder
1tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
Fry Light

Method:
Mix flour and curry powder in a bowl.
Spray loads (and I mean loads, as much as you can) of Fry Light in a wok or pan and heat. Add ginger,garlic,salt,paprika and chilli powder to the Fry Light and mix well.
Remove from heat and add a little of the stock and stir in well. Continue adding stock in stages and mix well until lump free.
Put back on the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1-2 mins.

This sauce isn't too watery but it isn't thick either :) I thought it was delicious :D Sorry I haven't got a Picture I forgot to take one will take on next time I make it :)

Cant believe it, I just put on a curry in the slow cooker :( If i had seen this 1st I would have tried it, sounds delicious. :)

The mayflower sauce is 4 sins per package / portion serving I only know as my slimming world consultant counted it out for me that's on extra easy plan and red xx

I am definitely trying this soon! Thanks

I made it! Was yummy with some left over SW speedy chicken + veg rice. Added some SW chips and poured it over them. Was like eating take out without the guilt and OH LOVED it!
Thanks for the recipe!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110901_230325.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110901_230325.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 588
Back