1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Day Chinese meal!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by kanslow, 29 January 2010 Social URL.

1. kanslow

kanslow Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    I have just made this for tea and it was absolutely delicious! My partner loved it too, such a treat for a Friday night!

I cooked it in a slow cooker but I'm sure it can be adapted for cooking in a pan!

Serves 2, 3 syns per serving

300ml stock made with beef bovril
    1 cup mung beans (Soaked in water overnight)
    2 level tbsp oyster sauce
    1 tbsp dark soy sauce
    1 level tbsp clear honey
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp minced ginger
    2 level tsp cornflour
    250g mushrooms, halved
    2 onions, peeled and quartered

Break up the onion so you have some nice big pieces, and put in the slow cooker along with all the other ingredients. (mix the cornflour with a little water and smooth into a paste before adding)

Cook on LOW for 5 hours, then take off the lid and cook on HIGH for half an hour so the sauce will thicken.

Serve with rice.

Yum yum!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.