chinese options?

MrsS2b

hey guys,

its my mums 50th on sat and she wants to go for a chinese meal and usually i would jump up for joy at this..:8855: but still being in induction i have no clue what i could have, only thing i ever have is rice, chips or noodles. Anyone any idea what would be low carb? thanks in advance :) oh and how do you put up an avatar and your weight to the left?

I love chinese food!

- egg foo yung, with your choice of meat or prawns (ask that they not put any flour in it... sometimes they add flour to the egg mix)

- chili salt ribs or wings (ask for unbattered)

- beef and broccoi, or chicken chop suey (ask for minimal sauce - when you get it home, you can always use a slotted spoon to serve it with and get most of the sauce off, or if you are really dedicated, dab it with some kitchen roll to get the majority of it off). Put a few drops of light soy on it if it seems to dry.

*** oops - sorry, missed the fact you were going to a restaurant and not a takeaway... just avoid the sauce as best you can!

Lots of water - there's tons of salt in takeaway food, so you will need some extra water to flush it out :)

Yummy... now I want chili ribs...

oh and how do you put up an avatar and your weight to the left?

Go to use USER CP section in the upper left hand corner (blue border) of the screen, and you'll find the options. Use "Edit your details" to put things into the left hand column of your posts, and "Edit Avatar" to put an avatar in. Let us know if you get stuck! :)

thanks , ive tried to do it and ive changed the details altho its saying im 4 feet 7! lol wtf...i put 5,5 and it doesnt give me the option to add an avatar?

I generally go for chop suey and ribs (not bbq too much sugar). My chinese do ribs in a garlic and chilli dressing (they call it salt and pepper ribs - figure that one), its better than the BBQ stuff.

You can have anything with veges, like beef with mushroom, egg foo yung.

Ooh I didn't know you could ask for salt & pepper ribs without the batter! I'm deffo going to try that with my local... I usually ask for "no sauce, no batter" but would prefer a bit of chilli flavouring.

I went to a chinese restaurant for lunch today with some workmates, I had a chicken omelette with 'salad' - which turned out to be three measly bits of cucumber and a thin slice of tomato! Meanwhile I had to watch everyone else stuffing their faces with rice, sauces, spring rolls and fritters. Sticking to low carb is doable, but it ain't no fun!

aww lady marmalade! thats prob wats going to happen to me.. ill be drooling. How about steak? could maybe ask for it plain, think that would work?

ooww ooww i did the chinese buffet thing!!

stuck to meat with no batter and minimal sauce...had ice cream and jelly though, i STS that week but it was worth every mouthful lol

aww lady marmalade! thats prob wats going to happen to me.. ill be drooling. How about steak? could maybe ask for it plain, think that would work?

I've been having steak when eating out (rare and still moo-ing is best as it tastes fabulous or blue if you can stomach it trying to eat your salad lol)

I've been to Wetherspoons and a chain restaurant and asked for just salad with my steak instead of chips and peas etc so when it comes out I know I can have whats on my plate and I don't have to leave anything on purpose and have it looking at me trying to tempt me!

Back