Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by mia85, 6 January 2014.

1. mia85

mia85 Well-Known Member

Am addicted to chips, has anyone any healthy recipes for home made chips? Really appreciate your help, thankies ? xxx
  2. Lailah

Lailah Active Member

Bake them instead of frying? Or try using sweet potato instead, different but delicious and good for you!x
  3. MissClara

MissClara Active Member

Yes you should try to cook them , you can cut the potatoes round very slim and the add some nice condiments about them .. :tongue:
  4. SallyVater

SallyVater Well-Known Member

Get an actifry. Honestly, I love mine to distraction!
  5. SlimMeDown

SlimMeDown Well-Known Member

Bake them and use frylight?
  6. danniellea

danniellea Well-Known Member

Sweet potato with a few sprays of fry light baked!
  7. PrincessSparklePants

PrincessSparklePants Little Miss Christmas

I'm not a fan of sweet potato fries but my mum loves them.

A quick and simple 'recipie' is to cut a large potato into reasonably similar sized chips, wedges or even square types and boil them for about 8 or so minutes till it starts to get soft (but not so soft that they fall apart) and preheat the oven on GM7 whilst they boil.

Drain them and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, spray liberally with frylight (shake them around the paper for a bit so the bottoms are coated too) and then sprinkle with paprika and mixed herbs over the top. Bake for about 40 mins, shaking them around a bit again around halfway through so they're cooked through both sides.

Tastes the same as chips to me and much healthier than frying or lathering in oil.
  8. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

Definitely an acitfry! Taste amazing.