Puddings Chocolate Almond Cake

sarahm85

Silver Member
24454-albums2348-picture14261.jpg

7 syns for the whole cake, and it doesn't taste like chickpeas! I recommend some sort of topping because it's quite dry without.

For the cake:
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tsp baking powder (0.5 syn)
3 eggs
4 tbsp sweetener
28g cocoa powder (4.5 syns)
1 tbsp almond essence
Frylight

For the topping:
1 tub of Quark
1 sachet of Chocolate Options (2 syns)
couple drops of almond essence

Drain and rinse chickpeas, then blend with cocoa powder, eggs, sweetener, essence and baking powder until really smooth. Spray a cake tin with Frylight and add cake mixture. Put in oven for about 40mins at Gas Mark 5.

For the topping, simply mix the quark with the chocolate options and drops of essence. Once the cake has cooled, spread the topping on.

Last edited:
Looks yummy. However chickpeas unfortunately are synned when used in this way. 5 syns per 28g

Last edited:
Yes, I'm aware of the chickpea cake debate, but like you said I would certainly wouldn't eat the whole thing in one go, just like I don't with the pasta quiche. Everything in moderation :)

yep you just have to be careful when posting recipes, as some newer members, might not be aware.

I had to remove all chickpea cakes recipe from my blog for this reason, after Slimmingworld confirmed to me, that we do have to syn them.

Are you sure it is 1 TBSP of Almond Essence? I followed your recipe in readiness for tomorrow as having that as Easter Pud (shared with my parents will only be 2.5 syns).....it was very strong so had to in the end bin it and make another this time using 2 extra tbsp splenda and only 1 TSP Almond Essence - yummy! I don't count chickpeas as not scoffing whole cake and not having them even weekly - just this is the nearest I'll get to a sponge cake....

YUM!

Hi there, I'm very new to this forum and slimming world, you seem very knowledgable do you have many recipies. Many thanks Kay

Hi there i'm not that knowledgble really i just go through the receipe section and try the sweet ones out so far ive done the 1/2 syn roulade, sticky squidgy choc cake and scanbran cake. good luck just browse and write down the ones that take your fancy advice is to buy lots of eggs and flovorings and only make one receipe at a time (by the time you've sampled them all that could add up all your daily syns;)

Hi just made and iced this mine is 5 syns as i didnt use options in the icing havent tasted it as its nearly dinner time but will let you know how it tastes later.

sorry to be a party pooper, but this cake is more than 5 syns.

Chickpeas when using as a substitute for flour, as they have been in this cake need to be synned. 4.5 syns per 28g of chickpeas.

Back