Chocolate and Crisps have been my biggest downfall, how do you get around them?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by AngeleyesJo, 6 July 2014.

1. AngeleyesJo

AngeleyesJo Member

I'm just starting to try slimming world to lose weight, my problem has always been crisps and chocolate, I'm a bit of a nibbler rather than a big meal person, I just wondered what are the things I could have that would satisfy that craving that are low syn, cos its worse around that time of the month....
  2. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

You can have chocs and crisps just incorporate them into your syns. You'll have to make changes like go for lower syned stuff.

You could keep keep a syn box with low syn treats in just for you ;)
  3. Elvisfan4life

Elvisfan4life Well-Known Member

Some crisps have lower syns so try those and see if,they satisfy you?
  4. AngeleyesJo

AngeleyesJo Member

I've been looking at the fun size treats which seem to be low syn so that wouldn't be too bad
  5. AngeleyesJo

AngeleyesJo Member

Thanks elvis fan
  6. WannabeThinna

WannabeThinna Well-Known Member

Crisps are a big thing for me too. Now I stick to Aldi cheese curls, which are 3 syns a bag.
  7. AngeleyesJo

AngeleyesJo Member

Oh they aren't bad then thanks
  8. Elvisfan4life

Quavers are quite low too i think
  9. Elvisfan4life

I love choc and a.ways use my syns for fudge or curly wurly
  10. Jeanne Von Buttonpopper

Jeanne Von Buttonpopper Reformed biscuit dunker

Some people freeze curly wurly's then they take longer to eat :D
  11. Likac66

Likac66 Well-Known Member

I buy Aldi versions of Quavers and French Fries. Cheaper and lower in syns. The Cheese Curls are 3 syns and the French Fries 3.5.

I also buy their version of little aero bars - "mini bubbles". They are 4 syns each and I nibble them slowly.
  12. Loops2112

Loops2112 New Member

Freddo frog chocolates are 5 syns each. If you like white chocolate, I discovered the other day that milky bars are only 3.5 syns (it's the small bar, you get about 5 in a pack - 12g I think).
  13. I've been having the Metcalfes Topcorn (sweet and salted) as a snack instead of crisps :)