Chocolate Beetroot Cake

jenjen87

Has anyone got a recipe for this cake as I have heard about it. Saw one on the internet but I am unsure how to work the syns out.

Any Help

Ooh, I had some of this at my friends last week except hers wasn't a SW one. It was bloody lovely!

How about posting it on here and seeing if we can work it out.

50g bitter cocoa powder
180g plain flour
1½tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
250g caster sugar
300g cooked fresh beetroot
3 eggs
200ml corn oil
1tsp vanilla extract

Heat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. Butter and flour an 18cm (7in) round or square cake tin.

Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Mix in the sugar and set aside.

Purée the beetroot in a food processor. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the corn oil and vanilla and beat until smooth.

Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the beetroot mixture into the well. Lightly mix, using a rubber spatula, and pour into the prepared cake tin.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. It won’t rise a great deal and the top may crack a bit. Allow to cool a little before removing from the tin, then leave to cool completely on a wire rack. To serve, dust the cake with icing sugar or bitter cocoa powder, and cut into generous slices.

Feeds 6 people

I've messaged her to get her recipe to see if it's the same one. I think hers is raw beetroot grated and I don't think she said it had oil in.

That one you've posted looks like high syn to me but then I could be wrong.

Found this one... hope it helps. They haven't synned the beetroot but I think you'd have to.. right???

1 x B Choice and 7 Syns
or 9½ Syns for whole Cake

Ingredients:-
5 Oat or Scan Bran (B Choice or 2½ Syns)
2 boiled Beetroots, grated
1 tablespoon Golden Syrup (2 Syns)
5 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener
1-2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (5 Syns)
2 Eggs

Soak the Scan Bran in enough boiling water to mash them up and then add all the other ingredients and mix well
Line a quiche dish with a silicon paper cake liner and pour the mixture in
Microwave on full power for 7 minutes (850 watt)
Turn out on to a wire rack immediately and allow to cool

I dont think you would syn the beetroot as its a vegetable.... just as you wouldnt syn the carrots in a carrot cake. Anyone else have any ideas ?

I wouldnt syn the beetroot, I mean you wouldnt syn in in a risotto would you?

Plus theres no syn value for its anyway as its a superfree and not a free-but-synnable-on-one-of-the-plans- free.

Thanks everyone cake idea. I think I will try to scanbran cake. I actually like the stuff and dn't think anyone would notice if I make it for them. Let me know if you have made it and how u get on.

Back