chocolate question

miasmom

hi guys

can we have any other choc other than atkins bars? what about diabetic chocolate? i need a sweet fix every now and again but im not keen on jelly, any ideas?

:break_diet:

check out the low carb megastore. They have tonnes of different chocolates and sweets, but as others have mentioned they can have a laxative effect and may cause weight loss stalls.

i find polyols stall me completely and i can even gain weight when i am low-carbing. this time i'm going to avoid it until i'm in owl at least, as this is my first time doing atkins and i want to get it right.

one thing i used to do before was just have one or two squares of lindt 70%. i used to only bring two squares to work. i can't remember the carb amounts offhand now, i think i may have emailed lindt for the nutritional info, but i think it was about 2g per square...

thanks guys i will have to get some stuff from the megastore for sure, what else is worth buying from there?

i have been craving biscuits too which is strange cus i wouldnt normally eat those, i stare at the jar for ages........lol

I'm quite fortunate that when I crave something, it tends to be a low carb something, usually egg mayo. (I do eat too many eggs so have to make sure I take my pysillum husks and plenty of water too).

As for the megastore, it all depends on what you are missing the most and whether you can get it in low carb form without it messing with your head and developing cravings.

My last few orders have been:

Tomato Ketchup
Walden Farms BBQ Sauce
1 small loaf
Pack of daybreak bars
Western BBQ meat rub.

I really thought once I got the bread that it wouldn't last long before I'd waffle the lot. But Ive had it a month in the freezer and have had 4 slices so far.

I do use a lot of the BBQ sauce though. I marinate pork ribs with that and the meat rub for a couple of hours before slow roasting them. Hmmmmm. Think I will have that for tea (or supper as Friday is always a late one).

Does the bread taste like bread in any way lol would love some.....I wonder if they deliver to Ireland. I have the atkins indulge bars very nice too

I've only had the bread as toast and is it OK I guess. Its kind of like Nimble bread, very light and very small. Not at all filling, but it will provide that "bread fix" if you need it.

I've also just ordered some tortilla type wraps (3g each) which should be arriving tomorrow. I will report back and let you know what they are like too.

Ooo, good spot that Laura!! You'll have to add em to the product review thread :) Will have to have a look for them next time i go..

Back