Cholesterol ?!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by canaryellow, 9 July 2007 Social URL.

1. canaryellow

canaryellow Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi all,

3 months ago before starting the diet, my Doctor advised me to have a mini health check, the results came back and my cholesterol was slightly high at 5.2.. and was told to have it rechecked in 3 months time

Then started the diet.. lost an amazing 4.5 stone.. :D:D had an appointment to have my cholesterol rechecked as was told by the Doctor, recieved a letter this morning.. i need to see them, called to make an appointment and its now raised to 5.9 !! :mad::mad:

Can it be possible, not had any fat in my diet !!

anyone had the same, or anyone know the reasons would love to hear from you

Thanks

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

High fat is merely one of the factors in high cholestrol and certainly not the whole picture. Check out High Cholesterol Information, Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment by eMedicineHealth.com

for more information.

The diet won't have upped your cholestrol from a fat point of view but maybe others factors such as stress have. Pop along and see your GP as asked for and have a chat, the one thing I am sure of and your GP will agree that losing 4.5 stone is nothing but GOOD for your body and I am sure the GP will sort out the cholestrol so don't worry.

Mike

4. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Or read the book 'The Great Cholestorol Con' by Malcom Kendrick, and stop worrying so much about your cholestorol (which will make you stressed and raise your cholestorol!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.