Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

CHRISR

Gold Member
31/7/11
4 days attack - 4
7 days PV & PP - 1

Well I'll be honest a little disappointed this morning with only a -1 but im not surprised really. Losing weight for me has always been a slow process.
:doh: could it be transition issues and eating veg???
On a more positive note I feel so much better in my head. I was beginning to think I had an addiction to sugar. Eating anything in sight chocolate, cake, biscuits, nutella you name it. I have no idea why, i was thinking of asking to see a physcotherapist!
I had to stop and now I have.
Before starting Dukan I thought no way will I be able to do that ...... and what keeps me going is thinking about the end of the year when I will be much slimmer. Going shopping with my beautiful 22 years old daughter (size 8) trying clothes on etc etc it seems such a simple thing but a big target for me as I hate clothes shopping no way would i try something on in the shop.
My son of 20 says that we are both going in a hot air balloon when I'm ready and he is paying for me doing so well - ah....
Sorry ive waffled a bit on this lovely sunday morning. Thanks to you all for the help you've given and keep giving. :):):)

Don't be disappointed, my first week on cruise was up, downs and sts's. I think I just takes time for our bodies to adjust after attack. My 2nd week was much easier and far better results.
1lb off is still a good loss and you should feel very proud of yourself

Have a great day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good last day of July - PP day and it was easy no problem at all and a 2 hour walk along the canal with Mr R. Says he will be home earlier so we can go walking again tonight. 11 days into this eating plan and I still cant believe how I have took to it. I feel so much 'BETTER' I am defo more chilled hope it stays the same. Work today to help arrange the classroom for the start of Sept (I work term time in an FE College) so I will take my lunch (no temptations) speak to u all later take care

Back from work tired but a happy bunny classes are ready for the 5/9. I resisted 3 different types of biscuits, strawberries (not as hard as I thought to say no to fruit) my 2 colleagues had potato wedges southern fried chicken whilst I had a chicken breast (no skin) & egg salad. So all in all a very good day =)

Had a lovely day today at a beading workshop, I made a beaded crocheted necklace in shades of blue - gorgeous. Had lunch out and it was'nt an easy menu to choose from. So asked for an ham omelette without the cheese. It was good and dukan friendly. Im wearing linen trousers today that wouldnt fit about 3 weeks ago :) :) :)
menu for today
ML Toffee Yoghurt with oatbran
Ham Omelette
2 slices of beef (snack)
Salmon & Cod baked in spices

I enjoy beading myself a lot too, make my own jewellery and I find it very therapeutic! Is crocheting necklaces difficult? I do a lot of stringing and knotting myself.

Hi Mirjam, it was very easy seeing that I have tried for years to learn how to crochet and failed. Very effective - crocheted in .30mm jewellery wire i will try and get a pic up so you can have a look. I am into all sorts of crafts its just having the time and pennies.

I know all about the pennies... when I did the course I bought for at least £300 of equipment/material. My latest project is silver clay but that's pretty expensive too :( Love to see photos of what you do, I have mine on my FB business page x

todays menu could have been better just didnt know what I wanted to eat. Dont think ive eaten enough but dont feel hungry so ........ it should have be a PV day but thinking about it I havent had any veg so im going to have one tomorrow. Still on the hunt for Rhubarb!!!

chicken
LF ham
Muffin x2 (small cupcakes)
ML Yoghurt

Feeling cream crackered so im off to bed - night night x

Hey that's a good side effect of the Dukan diet I'd never heard of before. It enables you to crochet! (How fabulous, and what a GREAT distraction from food! One of my tips to dieters who aren't in ketosis and who are fanciful in the evenings perhaps in front of the TV is to KNIT! Even I've never managed to eat while knitting! :D))

It sounds as if you're going great guns Chris. I hope you find your rhubarb. I admit that I've never tried it but I hear it's often available in the frozen section of supermarkets.

On PV days, if you're concerned at the quantity of veg you might be eating, the general rule of thumb is to mentally divide your plate into thirds. Two thirds should be protein, and the other third veg/salad.

Keep it up, and it's GREAT to read how motivated you are and how, already, you're finding the benefits to the weight loss, psychologically and physically too.

Thanks Jo, I could not be without my hobbies great for concentrating and taking your mind off other stuff i.e. NON dukan food. Just wish I had a spare room to put it in. My daughter's bedroom is going to be my craft room just need to get her to move out!!!

4/8 PV
Off to the Trafford Centre later with my 2 pests would rather stay home and do hobbies but eh ho as a mother you need to do these things.
Todays menu
Dukan Bread toasted with poached egg
Protein + Salad or whatever i find that i can have in the TC
XL Mince steak chilli with mushrooms, peppers, salad.
If it should stop raining a nice long walk with Mr R.

Hi Chris :) our Co-op store often stocks rhubarb in the veg section, have you tried there? Seem to have it most weeks at the moment. We grow some at home and I keep thinking I should cook it up !

Love the idea of a craft room :)

Yep tried there only place ive not managed to look is Morrisons. I have all my friends on the look out for rhubarb!!! Supposed to be very good for transition which i have a major problem with :( oh well off to the Trafford Centre for me see you later

Enjoyed myself at the TC with my beautiful pests and my bank balance survived! - LOL. Went to Nandoes and had plain chicken with salad leaves. A bit bland but dukan friendly ........... home today except for food shopping etc. so a good PP day and lots of water. If it stops raining then hoping to fit in a long walk. Strange but im getting into diet coke never liked the stuff before Dukan.

Hi Chris :) Glad all went well yesterday!

I've been drinking more DC too - think I'll have to wean myself off it though, not convinced it is that good for me but a nice change from water. I used to drink lots of no added sugar squash, but it has 5 cals per glass so not allowed.

Nandos sounds like a really good choice! Well done for staying on plan. Are you finding you have a stronger resolve than previous plans? I really think the strict rules are helping me. Never thought that would work but I have discovered it is just what I need.

Hope you have a relaxed day today.

31/7/11
...... and what keeps me going is thinking about the end of the year when I will be much slimmer. Going shopping with my beautiful 22 years old daughter (size 8) trying clothes on etc etc it seems such a simple thing but a big target for me as I hate clothes shopping no way would i try something on in the shop.
My son of 20 says that we are both going in a hot air balloon when I'm ready and he is paying for me doing so well - ah....

Hi Chris, I'm new to posting here and having a good ole nosy in all the diaries scrounging for tips! :p 5lbs in 11 days is great! These are two wonderful things to look forward to with your children.....lucky you! :)

Are you finding you have a stronger resolve than previous plans? I really think the strict rules are helping me. Never thought that would work but I have discovered it is just what I need.

Ive never felt more motivated before Dukan is clear cut unlike other diets - if its not on the list then its out. Tolerated items confuse me a bit though. For me its being able to see light at the end of the tunnel (December 11) - Ive been trying for years with SW and getting nowhere, seriously thought I had a psychological problem with food!!!

Back