None

Lunch
2 Slice of thick white toast (10 syns)
3 Tsp of Clover lighter (3 syns)
2 Boiled eggs, 1 egg white
Tinned spaghetti

Dinner
Syn free chips
2 Tesco light choices cumberland sausages (2 syns)
Baked beans
Carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn

Snacks
4 Ryvita sesame crispbreads (HEXb)
2 Tsp of lemon shred marmalade (1 syn)

Drinks
250ml semi-skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond

Syns
16 // 62½ left

Sunday, 10th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast

Lunch
Rice with stew (4½ syns)
Broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn

Dinner
Leftover rice with stew (4½ syns)
Chicken with skin (3 syns)
Boiled carrots

Snacks
Apple

Drinks
Diet cola with almond
Green tea

Syns
13 // 49½ left

Last edited:
My GOD you are doing so well :D
Can I ask, this coke with almond, do you buy it like that, or is it something you throw together? I've never seen it but then again, I live in the back-of-beyond up in Scotland, they only just got Diet Coke last year :p!!!

Hiya Auburn! I buy it like that, from Tescos. I posted a pic of the bottle a few pages back if you'd like to see what it looks like. It's lovely, doesn't taste at all like your typical diet soda.

ooooh I seee!!!!
And I happen to work next door to a Tescos, I'll be having a look for that on my break tomorrow! Thank you!

Have a fab day tomorrow!x

No probs!

Monday, 11th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Onion and sweetcorn omelette
Tinned spaghetti
Par-boiled potato cubes fried in frylight

Lunch
Couscous made up with stock
Par-boiled potato cubes fried in frylight
Carrots, sprouts and sweetcorn
Mackerel sauce (½ a syn)

Dinner
Leftovers from lunch

Snacks
Pancakes:
56g of plain flour (10 syns)
1 Tbsp of caster sugar (3 syns)
1 - 2 Tbsp of sweetener
1 Egg
1 Tsp of vanilla essence
50-60ml of SS milk (from allowance)

Drinks
250ml of semi-skimmed milk for tea/pancakes (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond
Green tea

Syns
16½ // 33 left

Feeling good about this week...I don't care about the number as long as it's a loss, but I'll be over the moon if I get my 4st shiny on Wednesday night! :D

Last edited:
Tuesday, 12th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Banana
Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HEXb)

Lunch
This kind of melded with dinner, as I was out unexpectedly for most of the day...

Dinner
Bovril roast potatoes
Boiled carrots
Roasted onions
Baked beans

Snacks
49g Cadbury's Whole Nut bar (13½ syns)

Drinks
Green tea
Diet cola with almond

Syns
13½ // 19½ left

So weird, I'm actually really nervous for tomorrow! :eek:

Last edited:
I'm excited for your WI... :eek:

Good luck Hun x

Well.

I'll keep this brief, because I think it's becoming a bit too much like a running joke.

I gained 5½lbs...dunno how, at this point, don't really care anymore. The only good thing about today was waiting until I got home from class to burst into tears.

I knew last week was a fluke. I just hoped I was wrong, hence the weirdness. Ah well.

Hun, I am really sorry to hear that :( :hug99: I hope you're able to stay on track this week and not let it get you down too much. Even if you take it off the 13lbs from last week, it's still a 7.5lb loss in three weeks, right? Which is a brilliant drop, even if it doesn't make you feel that great. I'm sorry you had a success ripped away from you like that, but each day you stay on plan is a mini-success in itself. Maybe you could try cutting something out for a week that you have every day? See if that makes any difference? Then you could bring it back the next week and cut something else out instead. Sometimes our bodies just get sick of eating the same things day in, day out, so they decide to rebel and annoy the living bejesus out of us!

xxx

Thanks...

...But I can't help it. I feel the lowest I've ever felt. I honestly just feel like staying in bed and doing nothing, eating nothing, until it all just melts away.

I really believed last week was a sign that things would get better - the last time I lost every week for a whole month was in August 2010. I have been yoyo-ing since then.

Eight months.

I was so hopeful last week, convinced that following the plan would yield a loss. It seems I am an exception to the rule...As much as I have to lose, I know how many people have taken a year (or a little over a year) to lose between 100 and 150lbs. A majority of those in my size range (and smaller even, which is the kicker!) take between 1½ and 4 years to reach goal.

I know for sure now that I will not be one of those people as my first year has been so spectacularly wasted, gaining and losing off the same 3st+. I can't even get to 4st ffs, and my little jaunt to the other side of 28st was short lived. I suppose on the upside, I got to spend one week weighing 27st 12lbs for the first time since 2004.

I can almost laugh at how easy it is for me to gain weight when seemingly doing everything right. And 5½lbs is no easy feat for a normal person, maybe I'm not normal? Apparently my gain means I had an extra 19,250 cals (or 962½ syns = 137½ syns per day = 20 x 380g of chicken chow mein from my local Chinese per EE day) this week. Ha.

Perhaps I should deduct the amount of calories burnt from walking...yep, I actually went outside and took exercise this week. Fat lot of good that did.

I can't even gain like a normal person...A normal person has an off week, they stay the same or gain ½-2lbs. Not me! I have NEVER STS!!! Ever!! It's like I have to gain almost half a stone, like my body's trying to prove how cavernous it is, like I don't already know - and it's been a good week! I'm actually afraid of the damage I could do on a truly unadulterated "bad" week.

All it'll take is another 9 weeks, gaining 5½lbs each time, to unravel my 3st 6lbs "achievement". Pfft. An achievement to me would be to get so far away from 31st, it could not so easily be undone.

I have to face it now. I'm not going to lose what I want in enough time to have what I need or want, so I don't know what else there is to do but cry. I suppose I should be happy I'm broke, and therefore cannot binge...not that it'll make a difference anyway at this rate.

Well here's a big hug from me x
I totally understand it, every word you are saying. My last 4 weeks, I have had +2, -6, -2, +5.5 so over the past month I've lost 0.5lbs. It is a total kick in the teeth, especially when we've actually tried, actually stuck to it, actually done the body magic... throughout 2010, I gained 4lbs. Dithered the entire year, chopped and changed plans and in the end gained. It's so demoralising. And nobody else seems to understand either.. no matter what they say, when I have a negative head on, that's it!!

I felt very much like you after WI last night. Had it been payday, it would have been too easy to stop for a pizza on the way home. Pizza is my ultimate comfort food.

But no. We are stronger than that. Might need a financial barrier to reinforce that :p but we ARE stronger than that. It's not a race, I am the most impatient person in the world, just thinking that I have 120lbs left to go til I think about setting a target seems like such a mountain to climb! I don't think you'll undo all that hard work though, no way!

I pledge to you a 100% day. Thursday 14th April, me and you, 100% food optimising, 20mins body magic, and a positive outlook for 47 minutes....deal? :)

Today will be better x

Thank you.

Thursday, 14th April 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Boiled potatoes mixed with Bovril, then fried in frylight with onions and sweetcorn
Tinned spaghetti
Boiled eggs

Dinner
Boiled spaghetti
2 Tbsp of tomato puree (1 syn)
1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (HEXb)
Chilli powder and liquid stock

Snacks
3 Kellogg's Fibre plus bars (HEXb + 11 syns)
2 Slices of thick white toast (10 syns)
3 Tsp of Clover lighter (3 syns)

Drinks
Diet cola with almond

Syns
24 // 81 left

Not 100%, but considering where I was yesterday, an improvement nonetheless.

Last edited:
Friday, 15th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HEXb)

Lunch
Boiled rice
Mackerel sauce (½ a syn for the lot)
Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweetcorn

Dinner
Leftover rice and sauce
Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, petit pois and sweetcorn
Slow roasted skinless chicken with onion

Snacks
2 Kellogg's Fibre Plus bars (11 syns)

Drinks
250ml semi-skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond

Syns
11½ // 69½ left

Last edited:
Well here's a big hug from me x
I totally understand it, every word you are saying. My last 4 weeks, I have had +2, -6, -2, +5.5 so over the past month I've lost 0.5lbs. It is a total kick in the teeth, especially when we've actually tried, actually stuck to it, actually done the body magic... throughout 2010, I gained 4lbs. Dithered the entire year, chopped and changed plans and in the end gained. It's so demoralising. And nobody else seems to understand either.. no matter what they say, when I have a negative head on, that's it!!

I felt very much like you after WI last night. Had it been payday, it would have been too easy to stop for a pizza on the way home. Pizza is my ultimate comfort food.

But no. We are stronger than that. Might need a financial barrier to reinforce that :p but we ARE stronger than that. It's not a race, I am the most impatient person in the world, just thinking that I have 120lbs left to go til I think about setting a target seems like such a mountain to climb! I don't think you'll undo all that hard work though, no way!

I pledge to you a 100% day. Thursday 14th April, me and you, 100% food optimising, 20mins body magic, and a positive outlook for 47 minutes....deal? :)

Today will be better x

Excellently put, keep on it's hard at times but keep on it hun. Have you thought about trying the other days, red etc just to see if it would kick start a weight loss?

Hey Curvalicious - yes, I want to try some red days, but meat/fish is soooooooo expensive! I'm on a tight budget right now, maybe my body is sick of my routine meals. Definitely will try some reds when I get the chance.

Back