Christiana's "persistence not perfection" food diary

Saturday, 16th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
None

Brunch
Boiled potatoes mixed with Bovril then fried in 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (HEXb) with onion
Boiled eggs
Baked beans
Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweetcorn

Dinner
Couscous made with stock and fried in frylight with onions and sweetcorn
Carrots

Leftover chicken from last night

Snacks
3 Kellogg's Fibre Plus bars (16½)

Drinks
250ml semi-skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond

Syns
16½ // 53 left

Last edited:
Hey Curvalicious - yes, I want to try some red days, but meat/fish is soooooooo expensive! I'm on a tight budget right now, maybe my body is sick of my routine meals. Definitely will try some reds when I get the chance.

I found that on Red days, I really didn't want stuff like cereal bars... so maybe try buying a couple of tins of tuna with the money you'd normally spend on Kellogg's Fibre Plus bars...

xxx

Hi sweetie,

I've just read through your diary from the start and I wanted you to know that you are doing so well.

Even when you have a gain one week on the scales please don't give up.

When I started my weight loss plan in February 2008 I weighed nearly 21 stone. I got to goal in June 2009 and weighed 10 stone 7 lb - I lost half my body weight. It was bl**dy hard work.

Some weeks I would lose and some I would gain. The gain's made no sense to me as I would have stayed on track 100% to the point of obsession, and would have done nothing differently to the previous week. With my weight loss there was a clear pattern of losses, gains and then STS - without any rhyme or reason!

What I'm trying to say is, that some weeks we gain for no reason. For me I had to look at the losses over a month rather than a weekly basis, otherwise I'd have given up a million times over. This kept me on track, and helped my motivation after weigh in's where I'd gained where I could happily have gone to Pizza Hut and eaten my body weight in pepperoni stuffed crust!!:eek:

Since getting to goal I've struggled massively health wise which I think is now pretty much fixed, or as much as there going to be for now.

I'm struggling again with losing -- my weight is back up to 12 stone 6.5 lb and I'm trying to shift it again as none of my clothes fit. It's how we feel in ourselves that counts, size in that respect doesn't matter.

Look at what you've acheived so far, you've done amazingly well. Stay stong and it will shift again.

May be have a shake up with your food as you do appear to have your favourites:D.

You should be proud of how far you've come already, I think your great!

Anyway, I will stop waffling now:D

Have a great Sunday xxx

Thanks so much for your comments and help, it is much appreciated. :hug99:

I think doing a couple of Red days may help. Even before EE, I mainly did Green days...I don't think I ever had a red week (definitely a carb junkie me). I think the first couple of days will be tough, but I'll try and power through. Will have a tinker about with this weeks' shopping list.

This weight loss malarkey is definitely trying! I want to believe so much that it can be easy, but it really is so damn hard...and slow! It's so unfair that the weight seems to come on so much faster than it comes off.

Sukibix, you're half a person! :D That's a fantastic loss, and even if you've started a new journey, you're starting in a much healthier place.

I always imagine how mind-numbingly funny it'd feel to literally be half the person you were! I've decided I'll be keeping my hugest trousers just so I can see how it feels...
:eek:

Just a thought but may be do a week avoiding green days, or only have a couple? I can't do too many green days or I won't lose because me + carbs = gain! I've got an underactive thyroid which plays a big part in my weight problem but carbs are a real no no too often for me:mad: which is a shame as I could eat cous cous till the cow's come home.

Keeping your motivation going is the hardest thing I think, if your not losing each week. If you have loss after loss you get the compulsion to keep going to get another loss. It's not easy but no matter how long it takes you it'll be worth it. Even if just maintaining with a STS it's better than putting on:rolleyes:.

Always here to chat sweetie. Enjoy your Sunday. I'm now off to mother in law's for a roast dinner:eek: that's all my syns gone as she covers everything in oil! arghhhhh.

xxx

Sunday, 17th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
2 Kellogg's Fibre Plus bars (HEXb + 5½ syns)

Brunch
Rice and tomato stew (3 syns)
Broccoli, carrots and cauliflower

Dinner
Rice and tomato stew (3 syns)
Chicken with skin (3 syns)
Carrots and sweetcorn

Snacks
2 Kellogg's Fibre Plus bars (11)

Drinks
Diet cola with almond

Syns
25½ // 27½ left

Last edited:
you are doing great hun. yep im carb junkie too but have found doing a couple red days boost my losses. ive added some almond coke to my order i ordered it last time after reading your diary it's really nice.

Hey, christina :) hope you are well!

I know you've been having a hard time with the losses/gains but I thought that possibly you could not be eating enough, as mad as that sounds?

Just thought i'd let you know about this site where you input your food onto it, and it lets you know your totals of sugar, carbs, cals, fiber and fat. I know it's not very 'SW' as its counting calories but as SW automatically does this through its free food ect. I thought this could give you some info on what is making you gain even on a good week? like going over lots on say carbohydrates which someone suggested earlier could slow losses and that? It's www.myfitnesspal.com takes a while to add food to it, and requires a bit of guestimating on weights but if it possibly could highlight an area that you can correct it may be worth filling the food diarys in?

hope this is helpful for you :)

Grrr...fell of the wagon today. Nothing too major I guess...

Just biscuits... :eek:

...But I am kind of annoyed with myself. Will try and salvage the rest of today and chill out about the plan a while. I feel like I'm obsessing, which is never good.

Thanks autumnflower, I'm checking out that website now. :)

...But I am kind of annoyed with myself. Will try and salvage the rest of today and chill out about the plan a while. I feel like I'm obsessing, which is never good.

Thanks autumnflower, I'm checking out that website now. :)

No biggy babe, don't feel guilty about it as it happens to the best of us! Just jump straight back on the wagon tomorrow as the important thing is to not let one bad day turn into a bad week - I've been there and done that and it makes your feel awful:cry:

How's your day been today in general? Any idea why you've hit the biccy's? For me I get massive sugar cravings 2 weeks before TOTM so I can always tell it's coming and try to plan around it! Easier said than done sometimes:rolleyes:

Hope your ok sweetie - hope you have a good day tomorrow. x x x

I totally understand the feeling of obsessing. And confess to a couple of bars of chocolate today. Oops.
Starting a fresh tomorrow...
What have you started with this almond cola thing haha, I've tried two big tescos near me and one small one, and I can't find it! Just the 24hr one to go, and then I call it quits ;) hehe!x

Obsessing is good, just like gains are good! It makes you stop for a while, which is what we all need sometimes, and then we come back with a vengeance! :D While you have a relax about the plan, why don't you find some recipes of SW stuff that you'd like to try that can be frozen in containers? That way, you can prepare lots and lots of yummy things, enjoy cooking, get back into the swing of things, and have plenty to pull out of the freezer if you feel like you're going to have a lazy day!! I say this as it's what I really want to do, but I never get the kitchen to myself and my brothers have a knack for finding the SW stuff in the freezer (even when hidden behind their fish fingers, cheesy puffs and profiteroles!) and scranning it before I get anywhere near it!

xxx

Hey hun! I'm new on here and figured it would be good to follow someone's progress xx

Suki, I have no idea...they've been staring at me for like 3 days and I resisted, then today just - gulp! :confused:

I have a really huge sweet tooth, it really is my weakness :eek:

Auburn, I know the feeling! Sometimes I am so strong, and other times (at the risk of sounding loony toons) I swear the goodies are talking to me...

Gah, one of those Tesco's must have them! It's so weird, I hate it when supermarkets do that - have some stuff in one place and not in another. I can't get those really low syn Tesco burgers at my local, maybe it's a trade off, haha. I did discover 3 new syn free (NAS) cordial flavours (pear drop, cola bottle and lemon sherbet) I'm gonna try AND they finally have a sugar free cream soda! Haven't tasted it yet, tomorrow is shop day, so will check and make sure it's syn free. Hopefully that last Tesco will be the charm!

10 10, I used to get that when I was at my mum's. My parents and brother loved taking all my quorn sausages and using up all my frozen veggies! I tried to hide them to no avail. Now that it's just my son and I, I love knowing all my SW stuff is in the freezer untouched! It's definitely rubbed off on them though, I've spied my mum buying Alpen lights and her own quorn stuff, low syn yoghurts and the like.

I have been looking at some of my old SW mags for inspiration (I have loads...:eek: some dating back a couple of years!) and I had a glance at that new EE cookbook last class. I did buy that little "syn free branded foods" book a while back, and I sat down with it today....there's a lot in there, totally 100% free foods! This is what happens when I get stuck in a routine, you get so used to your usuals, you forget about all the other good stuff you can have.

I will be trying to buy 80% syn free/super free stuff, to make it easier. I'm even going to attempt trying yoghurt (I am so not a dairy person, but I'll try it!) and more fruit (why does fruit seem to cost the earth?!?) I've decided to try 3 red days and 4 EE this coming week and see if anything changes.

As for wednesday's WI, I don't know...I feel the same, like I've not gained or lost, so we shall see.

Welcome Lanky! :wavey:

I always keep packets of mini chocolate digestives in the cupboard, at only 6syns per bag (approx 6 mini biscuits) you could have a packet everyday :D

Mini biccies - yum!!! :) I have a massive sweet tooth too!! Time out single finger 4.5 and boots shakers 4 xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooohhh, mini digestives sounds like me all round, lol! What are boots shakers? This is the first time I've heard of them!

I can't find the almond diet cola either! :mad: I sent my poor assistant on the hunt for it in Tesco and it wasn't in there (quite a small store) so now I am going to have to hunt round the bigger stores!

I bet they don't do it round here. Just my luck as I too am desperate to try it!

You sound like you are really getting organised! I'm going to try to stick to as many red days as I can this week after my pants WI.

xxx

That's a shame! Maybe if enough people enquire about it, they'll have no choice but to stock it. It might be worth checking if you can get it online. I know for a fact they have it on the website. I went for my shop yesterday and they don't have the choc fudge Alpen lights anymore (they used to)! They don't even have the new double choc flavour, which I really wanted to try. :mad:

Seems I'll have to do a little hunting as well now!

I logged in to my online account and it can up there but that doesn't mean they will deliver it/have it in store - they will just substitute it for normal pop :mad:

From 12 midday tomorrow I am off until the 3rd May so I will go on the hunt on all my day's out here, there and everywhere with the pups:D

xxx

Back