Christiana's "persistence not perfection" food diary

Oh dear! Well good luck on your search! I hope you do find it, it's my favourite diet soda...it's actually the only diet soda I drink now. I really hope my local doesn't suddenly stop selling it, I'd be truly lost!

Just got in from WI...I gained 6lbs! :mad:

I knew something was afoot! Oh well, I've already had my meltdown :eek: can't very well have another one. It's disappointing that my loss has gone back down to 3st (pre club 10) and I've put on 11.5lbs in 2 weeks...scary.

I'm gonna go ahead with my week as planned and see if I can come out of this gain-lose-gain-gain cycle once and for all. I spoke to my C, he reckons I should try a couple of Success Express days if I can. Might give it a go depending on my veggie drawer.

I've got about 8 weeks until my 1 year SW anniversary....how time flies, eh? I haven't really got a new goal in mind, I just want to lose or STS every week! But we shall see...

Oh dear! Well good luck on your search! I hope you do find it, it's my favourite diet soda...it's actually the only diet soda I drink now. I really hope my local doesn't suddenly stop selling it, I'd be truly lost!

Just got in from WI...I gained 6lbs! :mad:

I knew something was afoot! Oh well, I've already had my meltdown :eek: can't very well have another one. It's disappointing that my loss has gone back down to 3st (pre club 10) and I've put on 11.5lbs in 2 weeks...scary.

I'm gonna go ahead with my week as planned and see if I can come out of this gain-lose-gain-gain cycle once and for all. I spoke to my C, he reckons I should try a couple of Success Express days if I can. Might give it a go depending on my veggie drawer.

I've got about 8 weeks until my 1 year SW anniversary....how time flies, eh? I haven't really got a new goal in mind, I just want to lose or STS every week! But we shall see...

I haven't tried Success Express but it's gotta be worth a go:D

Congrats on approaching the 1 year anniversary! That's a massive acheivement in itself:)

Did you consultant offer you any advice on the gain - lose cycle?

Chin up sweetie, keep going and I'm sure it'll all come right in the end:D

xxx

He reckons the success express can pull me out of it and he's suggested that I change up my plans. I hope it works, I need a sustained loss!

Thursday, 21st April 2011: **Red day**

Breakfast
2 Slices of WW thick sliced wholemeal bread (HEXb #1)
2 Tsp of Clover lighter (2 syns)
2 Eggs, fried in frylight
2 Mattesson's turkey rashers

Lunch
Roasted butternut squash with salt and black pepper
Roast onions
Boiled carrots
2 Tesco light choices cumberland sausages (2 syns)
2 Tesco value economy burgers (5 syns)

Dinner
227g potato (HEXb #2) and swede mashed in Bovril with frylighted onions
Broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
Roast chicken drumsticks
4 Tbsp of gravy (1 syn)

Snacks
1 Weetabix oaty bar (3½ syns)
Apple
Pear

Drinks
250ml of semi-skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond

Syns
13½ // 91½ left

Okay, here it goes! Fresh new start, thought I'd begin with a red day and get a feel for it. My aim is to be 100%. I'm at mum's for Easter dinner on Sunday, so that may have to be flexi/day off plan. :eatdrink023:

Got that FF Activia yoghurt (vanilla)....I don't know, maybe I need to just keep having it until I like it.....:sign0137:

Last edited:
Now that is one yummy food day! I'd nosh all of that:D

What did you have for dinner in the end? I have changed my mind 3 times today on dinner...and have only just decided to keep it simple with egg, bacon, mushrooms and one slice of dry toast! I've snacked all afternoon as been bored, on my own and it was there!

Hope you've had a great day.

xxx

I've updated my food for dinner. Snacking on healthy stuff I hope! Lunch was lovely, it's been AGES since I had butternut squash and thoroughly enjoyed it, forgot how nice it is. Those Tesco economy burgers are really nice, first time I've had them (2½ syns each) and only 79p for a pack of 8!

loving your red day choices sounds delish, well done on shaking it up hun, those burgers sound great. I get my almond cola online and ive also bought the 3 new cordial flavours you mentioned after seeing it on one of the threads yet to try them though. Ican feel my hay fever coming on i feel pants. Keep it up hun xxx

Oh no, not you too! I woke up the other day with the familiar tickle at the back of my throat....thought if I ignored it, it'd go away...I am now in full blown hayfever mode! Doesn't help that it seems I am surrounded by pollen! :sick:

I've got my inhaler at the ready - I cannot stand having a blocked nose...I can't sleep if I've got one, no matter how tired I am.

The cordials were all GONE when I got to Tescos! They must be nice, not a single bottle in sight! Do let me know what you think of them, cordials with ice cold water are definitely good for this summery weather. Yep, I was really surprised at how nice the burgers were - I half expected them to taste like cardboard being so cheap :giggle:

I'm really just biding my time until I can get another Joe's order in!

Friday, 22nd April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
2 Weetabix oaty bars (7 syns)

Lunch
Boiled plantain
Boiled carrots
Baked beans
Flaked mackerel

Dinner
Syn free chips
Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts and petit pois
Baked beans
Leftover flaked mackerel

Snacks
2 Slices of WW thick sliced wholemeal bread (HEXb) and 2 tsp of Clover lighter (2 syns)

Drinks
250ml of semi-skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond
Robinson's NAS orange & mango cordial
Water

Syns
16 // 75½ left

Last edited:
Excellent, I am so happy you found it, lol! You'll be addicted now like me, I'm telling you!

Saturday, 23rd April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
TBoiled eggs
Turkey rashers
2 Slices of WW whomeal bread (HEXb)

Lunch
To be decided

Dinner
To be decided

Snacks
Baked plantain with boiled eggs

Drinks
Diet cola with almond

Syns
9 // 66½ left

Okay, so ended up having to do overtime at work...didn't get home until after midnight as it was utter CHAOS! So, will be back on the other side of Easter sunday as I'm taking Sunday off! Happy Easter miniminers!

Last edited:
Have been away for a few days so just catching up.Happy easter and hope you have a lovely day at your mum's.Keep going sweetie:).I love roasted butternut squash,had it for dinner last night,I really missed it whilst I was away.

Monday, 25th April 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Boiled eggs
Baked plantain

Lunch
Baked plantain
Couscous made up with stock and mixed with frylighted onion and chopped up turkey rashers
Boiled carrots

Dinner
Roasted butternut squash and potato with onion
Carrots, cauliflower and broccoli
Baked beans

Snacks
2 Slices of WW thick wholemeal bread (HEXb)

Drinks
Diet cola with almond
NAS Vimto

Syns
16 // 50½ left

Last edited:
I was just going to ask about Plaintain too... how strange. That's that big banana shaped thing that everyone on Come Dine with Me is like "People think these are bananas, BUT THEY ARENT LOLOLZ"
I wouldn't know what to do with it!!!

Still searching for battenburg coke ;) Keep at it Christiana, you're doing fab ! x

Lol, they are like a more mature banana I guess. Not quite a fruit, not quite a veggie. A big part of African cuisine, I grew up eating them. I know some people eat them raw, but I always cook them. I find they are very expensive in general supermarkets, but you can get them quite cheaply from markets.

-Green skinned ones are generally less sweet, can taste a bit like a cross between potato and yams. They are usually very firm, even when boiled or baked.

-Yellow-skinned is just ripe enough - quite sweet, the only ones I buy. Before SW, my family traditionally sliced them up and filled a frying pan with a generous amount of oil and fried them till golden brown and crispy - a syn-filled nightmare, but delicious!

I got the idea to bake them from HoneyOC, I just slice them up, spray a baking tin with frylight and bake them till they're brown (they go a little crispy too, without the syns). You can also boil or grill them. I normally have them with something savoury, like couscous or rice because I like the contrasting tastes.

Dark/black-skinned is over-ripe, very very sweet and can be quite mushy once peeled. Probably best for a plantain mash.

Keep looking for the coke, there has to be a tesco near you that has them. Maybe try a Tesco Express (if you've got one nearby)? In my experience, anything I can't find in a big Tesco I can find in an express store!

Hardly ate anything yesterday as * week is in full effect. That AND hayfever kept me in bed with my hot water bottle and loads of tea. My laptop suffered a minor breakdown and although I have temporarily avoided disaster, I need a new one!

I managed to drag myself to class tonight (under the influence of strong pain medication :D) and I am happy to report that I lost 8½lbs...:)

I am beyond chuffed, because if I can get a loss like that on a * week, there's hope for me yet. :character00100::bliss:

Hardly ate anything yesterday as * week is in full effect. That AND hayfever kept me in bed with my hot water bottle and loads of tea. My laptop suffered a minor breakdown and although I have temporarily avoided disaster, I need a new one!

I managed to drag myself to class tonight (under the influence of strong pain medication :D) and I am happy to report that I lost 8½lbs...:)

I am beyond chuffed, because if I can get a loss like that on a * week, there's hope for me yet. :character00100::bliss:

Congratulations hunny!

I've snooped on your diary a few times but have never commented but I just had to this time as you have done so so well. Hope your * week doesn't trouble you too much and that you keep on with your fab losses. xx

I've just read pages and pages of your diary in total fascination!!! Your food sounds delicious. Huge congrats for your massive weight loss this week, 8.5 in a week, AMAZING!! Keep at it xx

Back